Chapter Thirty Four

"Where are we going?" Angelina asked for the twentieth time as they walked through the woods at a calm pace. 

"Will you stop asking that?!" Draco snapped.

"Did you bring any camping equipment?" 

"I have a tent, yes." 

"Then let's set up enchantments and call it a day here," Angelina stopped walking, snow crunching under her feet. 

"We can't, there's snow--" 

"Aren't you a fucking a wizard?" Angelina looked at Draco skeptically, crossing her arms over her chest. "Just clear the snow away!" 

Draco opened and closed his mouth, trying to think of any retort, but nothing came to mind. Angelina began scowling, raising her eyebrows as she waited for a smartass response. "Y-yeah...." Draco pulled out his wand, coughing slightly as he began to vanish the snow to make a spot for the tent. 

"Don't forget the charms!" Angelina called. 

Draco stopped clearing snow, looking over at Angelina who was busy unpacking their tent from the bag they'd grabbed. "You could help, you know?" 

"I'm putting up the tent," Angelina retorted, "hurry up with those enchantments." 

Draco rolled his eyes, continuing to set up the campsite without another word as Angelina quietly worked on the tent. Draco's mind began racing a mile a minute as he thought of their next move, he'd have to make sure to be a step ahead of everyone else. Death Eaters and snatchers would likely be after them now after their escape from Hogwarts. 

When the tent was done, Angelina and Draco sat across from each other at a small dining set that was situated in the corner. They sat in silence, Angelina shifting uncomfortably in her seat and staring at her hands as time crawled by. 

"We could always do questions," Angelina offered, Draco raised an eyebrow at her, "such as.....what's your favorite color.....stupid things like that....." 

Draco snorted slightly, "that's the best idea you have?" 

"I don't see you coming up with anything," Angelina shot back hotly. 

Draco reached his arms above his head, stretching slightly as he regarded her with a thoughtful look, "do you miss your family?" 

Angelina chewed on the inside of her cheek, thinking, "in a way....part of me really misses them, just wanting to know if they're alright....but the part that knows they sold me to him just to save their own arses doesn't particularly care about them anymore." Angelina sucked in a breath, leaning back, "what about your parents? Do you miss them?" 

Draco nodded slightly, "I do." 

"Will you tell me what happened to Marie....what really happened to her?" Angelina whispered, her voice choking at the end, Draco reached his hand out toward hers which Angelina took. 

"You were placed under the Imperius Curse and told to kidnap her.....I found you, saved her....and she ran for it. I don't know where she went, but I know that people like Longbottom are currently using the Room of Requirement as a shelter. Your friend may be there," Draco said in one breath, watching Angelina's expression as her expression changed from sorrow to horror in a matter of seconds. 

"I-I-I-I-I-I hurt my best friend?!" Angelina stammered, "I hurt the only friend I managed to make on my own, without my sister's help!!!" Angelina's hands flew over her face, her nails dug into her forehead as she doubled over and began to scream in horror.