𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

When I woke up I could no longer feel Elias's warm embrace. For some reason it made me feel hollow, putting a frown on my face.

But I didn't want to get out of bed and be faced with the challenges reality held, so I sunk deeper into my blanket, breathing in Elias's scent that hung onto the sheets.

A blush formed on my cheeks as I remembered the way he held me and stroked my head, he even kissed my forehead!

A deep pit formed in my stomach as I thought about what would come after. It would be a dream for him to whisper something along the lines of "I love you." yes, what a dream that would be. But let's face it, Elias would never say that to someone like me, In fact I find it hard to imagine him saying that to anyone but his family.

The door opened slightly making my eyes snap to it. Two little bodies slipped inside, closing the door, they ran to me and jumped on the bed. I smiled at them, happy to see there was people feeling better than me today.

"Hello you two." I said kissing each on the forehead as they made themselves comfortable on the bed.

"Mummy said not to disturb you, but we wanted to see if you were okay." Rosa said playing with my fingers.

"Are you okay?" Antonio asked playing with the ends of my hair on the other side.

I smiled lightly "Im not sure."

"We'll help you get better Grace, I promise." Rosa said, determination strong in her voice.

"Yeah, me too." Antonio declared.

"That sounds nice."

Rosa and Antonio smiled at me and I gave them one in return, but only half as bright as theirs.

"Whats happening downstairs?"

Rosa's smile dimmed, as well as Antonio's.

"Some woman came today. She's and old friend of Elias's and Andre's. Mummy and Grandma know here too."

"An old friend?"

Rosa pulled away from playing with my fingers, sitting up she crossed her arms. "I don't like her."

"Me neither." Antonio agreed with a frown.

"And why is that?"

"She pulled my cheeks! Not even Grandma Maria does that!" Rosa said pouting.

"She ruffled my hair and gave me a sloppy kiss." Antonio said faking a gag.

I laughed "She can't be that bad."

Rosa stood on the bed looking down at me "Thats not even the worst part!"

I giggled "Whats the worst part?"

"She kissed Elias, " my face dropped slightly, she paused for a dramatic effect "on the lips." this time my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach, all my worries and fears instantly wrapping around it.

"Oh" was all that came out of my mouth, but it was wobbly, showing my emotions.

She dropped to my side, hugging me.

"Dont cry Grace."

"Im not crying."

Antonio wiped my cheeks with a frown "yes you are Grace."

I sniffled "Oh, how silly of me." I tried at a giggle but I only made myself cringe.

"They're having tea downstairs, that's how we got up here."

"You two didn't want to join?"

Rosa frowned "We weren't exactly welcome."

I sighed "Well then why don't we do something fun."