𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Andre had ended up falling asleep, leaving Elias and me alone. Elias typed away on his laptop while I sat looking out the window. Suddenly he spoke up, closing the laptop.

"Let's go over the rules."

I looked at him, "rules?"

"For when we get to my house."

"Oh."

"First rule. Don't wander the house alone," at this I raised my eyebrow which he dismissed, "Second rule. Always notify me where your going if your going somewhere outside, if I'm not around tell Andre. Third rule. No swearing, there's kids around."

I nodded before biting my lip, "is there any rules that apply your father?"

He stared at me blankly for a moment before speaking, "stay away from him. If he tries to talk to you ignore him, he'll try to get in your head but don't let him, he's dangerous."

"So why is he living with your... Children?"

He raised a brow at me a small smirk pulling at the corner of his lips, "siblings," he corrected.

"Oh. Yeah," I said as a blush started to creep its way onto my cheeks.

"My mother will never leave him as much as she hates him, its too dangerous."

"What do you mean dangerous? Would he actually hurt them if they left."

He didn't speak but the emotion in his usually blank eyes told me the answer I needed to know. I'll definitely stay away from him then.

"If anyone other than my mother or father asks what your doing here just say that your a friend of Andre's."

I nodded, "is that all?"

"For now it is."

Silence enveloped us until I spoke up, "what happened to that Luigi guy?"

He looked at me,  "he's still in New York, spying on everything we do."

I looked down at the ground, now feeling awkward in the silence. I tapped at the armrest filling the silence while Elias fiddled with his golden necklace, both of us drifting off into our thoughts.

***

When the plane landed Andre was wide awake, and I was feeling tired again while Elias still looked the same, never letting a fault show in his step.

There was already a flash car waiting for us when we landed. Again Elias drove, and Andre watched our surroundings carefully, while I dozed off to sleep.

The next time I woke up I noticed the car was parked next to a little cafe that had vines down the sides of the walls, the beige colour making it look nice and homely. I yawned noticing Elias and Andre inside the cafe. I got out of the car and walked inside the cafe, sitting at the table they were drinking their coffees at.

"Good morning Miss highland," Elias greeted making me cringe.

"Just Grace is fine."

He ignored me and sipped on his coffee cup as he looked down at the newspaper in his other hand, while Andre was looking around.

I leaned over to him, "anybody following us?" I whispered.

He looked down at me, "nobody."

I nodded, "that's good."

A small smile lit up his face.

I leaned back in my chair, arching my back in a stretch, "how far away are we?"