𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Men shouted from inside and outside of the house and cracks of bullets being fired were heard, all of this happening while Elias laid on top of me.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"Elias," I said shaking him as best as I could from underneath him.

"Shh," he hissed into my ear.

"Shouldn't we move," I whispered.

But he only hissed in my ear for silence again, so I listened to him shutting my mouth and squeezing my eyes shut.

I heard a loud cry from outside but noticed the guns didn't stop, more bullets were fired at the hall Elias and I were in and only when there was another cry from a man did the guns stop firing.

"Elias," I whispered a moment after.

"Silenzio."

Even though I didn't know any Italian It was obvious what he was asking.

He waited a good five minutes before he stood up and held out a hand to me, it took me a moment to realise what he was doing but I took his helping hand the moment I realised. He pulled me up effortlessly, and if it had been in different circumstances I would've swooned over something like that but I had been so close to dying just moments ago.

Elias went over to the window and looked outside, I walked over to him and stood next to him, looking at the two dead bodies of men who would've been sitting in the maple trees.

I didn't realise I was shaking until Elias gently put a hand on my shoulder.

"Your alright," he said to calm me down, "calmati, breath in and out," he repeated to me until I was no longer shaking.

Two men appeared at the end of the hall.

"Any injuries sir?"

Elias ignored the question and turned around, storming towards them.

"How did this happen!" He boomed.

"We're not exactly sure at this moment–" he was quickly cut off by Elias.

"Well hurry the fuck up, I want to know how two armed men got past our security."

"Yes boss," they said in sync.

I walked over to Elias as he asked if there were any loses.

"Only two injured men," one of them replied.

Elias nodded and walked past them, I quickly followed after him. He pushed past any man that stopped to see if he was alright, walking outside to where Andre and Alessandro stood around the dead bodies.

I stood close to him as he studied the bodies, Andre kneeling beside one of the men pulled up the sleeve on his right arm, a capital v was tattooed onto his wrist. Andre looked up at Elias.

"They were here for her," he said giving a small nod towards me.

He dropped the dead man's arm and stood up joining Elias and Alessandro in staring at me.

"What?"

Elias looked away.

"Meeting in ten minutes," he said before walking off, "And somebody takes care of these bodies," he yelled.

I quickly ran after him.

"Hey," I called out but neither did it stop him or even slow him down. When I finally caught up with him we were inside the mansion.

"What about me, I almost died!"

"The threat has been taken out Ms Highland, you can go back to your room."