𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

That night I had I stayed downstairs after dinner. Neither Mateo or Elias joined us. Instead, they both stayed in their study rooms.

I was sitting on the soft plush couch in the living room thinking about what had happened today, the events making my chest tighten as well as my hands. Apart of me was furious at Elias for acting the way he did moments after Mateo had told me what he had about Elias, but then the other part of me was stuck in LaLa Land because of the pure fact that I haven't had this much excitement in a long time.

I bit down on my lip and let out a soft frustrated growl. Why did this have to happen to me?

"Something the matter?" I heard Elias's voice from the doorway making my head snap up to see him leaning in the doorway with his hands in the pockets of his black dress pants.

I stared at him with my mouth agape for a moment before I quickly shut it and changed the look of surprise on my face to a neutral look.

"No everything's fine."

He stared at me unconvinced but still pushed off from the doorway and nodded. "Okay then," he muttered and walked out of the living room out into the hall.

I stood with a raised brow and rushed after him noticing he was going left towards the kitchen, where the entrance to the house was close by.

"Where are you going?" I called down the hall making him stop and turn towards me with a raised brow.

"Really, that is none of your business."

I frowned, "I was only wondering."

He stared at me silently making me blush and look down at the floor. There was a good two minutes of silence before he spoke.

"Andre will be checking on you tonight if you'd like he can stay till you fall asleep."

I looked back up at him with a frown. "Why? what's wrong!?"

"I don't feel comfortable leaving you with only a lock on your door to defend you."

I frowned. "A nice way to comfort me."

"I wasn't trying to comfort you I'm trying to make you aware of the dangers around."

I sighed.

"It's fine I don't need him to stay in my room."

He frowned at me then raised a brow. "Anybody would jump at that chance to be in a room with Andre."

I frowned at him, "well I'm not here for those reasons. The only reason I'm here is because I have a fucking mafia on me." I stepped back before turning, disappointed that he would think such a thing of me.

"Gra-" he cut off from saying my name and I only kept walking without a look backwards. I heard him groan before I heard his footsteps walk away from me as well as a door open and slam closed.

I stopped by the abandoned hallway with a frown, with a sigh I made my way down it leading me to the unused staircase. I looked around carefully to see if Mateo was around, which he thankfully wasn't.

I made my way up the stairs slowly, the only sound was my breathing becoming louder the higher I got to the top and my footsteps which I had made fall lightly so I could hear Mateo if he tried to surprise me again.

I bit the bottom of my lip when I stepped onto the top floor, my right hand immediately went out to search for the light switch, when I felt it I flicked it on, which lit up a chandelier that hung up in a wide hallway. I stared in awe at the big painting on the back wall of the hallway, a girl with long black silky hair tried up into an intricate bun atop of her head with perfectly curled ends to make it look even fancier.