Chapter 31: Tears and Rain

Jiyong is slumped on the cold floor, oblivious to the curious stares of the employees. A few minutes ago, his life was perfect. But now, everything has changed. He’s staring at the wall, his face devoid of emotions. His mind keeps replaying the scene when his Mom slapped Dara and when he saw her collapse on Seung Hyun’s arms.

“Look at you! You’re a mess! Get up from the floor right this instant!” Mrs. Kwon ordered.

She was taken aback when Jiyong looked at her with eyes filled with rage.

“Omma, I want you to leave before I say something that I will regret for the rest of my life.”

Mrs. Kwon took a step back as she watched her son turn against her. She couldn’t believe how much agony her son is in and she blames Dara for all of it.

“You’ll thank me someday, Jiyong. You’ll see.” Mrs. Kwon gave her son one last look and started walking away.

“Oppa, I’ll take you home.” Sulli tried to help Jiyong but he refused.

“Leave me alone Sulli. I don’t need your f*cking help.”

“O-oppa. I’m sorry about what happened. You see, your Mom loves you too much that’s why she had to do it. Please understand.” Sulli’s in tears as she tries once again to help him. She puts her hand on Jiyong’s shoulder to calm him down but he roughly brushed her hand aside.

“Just leave me alone.” He leaned his head back on the wall and raked his hand through his hair.  He wants to see Dara. He wants to take her pain away in any way he could but he’s afraid of what she’ll say to him. He’s afraid to face the possibility that she might leave him.

“Jiyong!” Young Bae rushed to his best friend’s side as soon as he heard. He was in the middle of a meeting when Seungri sent him an urgent text message telling him to go and find Jiyong, that his friend needs him right now.

He abruptly stopped when he saw the current state his best friend is in. This is bad. He thought. He sighed as he walked towards his best friend.

“Jiyong, let’s go. I’ll take you home.”

Jiyong looked at him without saying anything. Young Bae extended his arm and pulled him up off of the floor in one swift motion. Young Bae just stayed silent. Sometimes, you don’t have to say anything to help a friend. Sometimes, all they need is your presence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dara opened her eyes to an empty white room. Her head feels like it’s going to break in half. She squints as the blinding light from the ceiling hits her eyes. She looked around the unfamiliar place as she tries to remember why she’s there. She can hear the buzzing sound of the humidifier near a window and the muffled voices outside the room. She sat up on her hospital bed and reached for the clock on a nightstand on her right. It’s four o’clock in the afternoon.

She clutched her chest as the first thought came to her mind.