Chapter 3: Unconventional Lunch

Jiyong’s plan to capture Dara’s heart has begun. Today, he asked the President’s permission to have his office next to Dara’s. The President gave him a warm smile and gave him his permission.

As soon as he’s settled in his office, he called for a meeting to announce that as CEO of the company, he will also supervise the development of the artists and will work closely (he emphasized closely) alongside Dara since she’s the head of that department.

And you could say that only Jiyong is happy with that arrangement.

[DARA’S POV]

Whaaat?! I can’t believe this. Who does he think he is? I am very capable to do this job on my own.  In fact, Super Junior is doing well in the market. And don’t even mention Girls Generation, Shinee and EXO.  I understand that by merging SM and YG, I will be handling the artists from YG too but I am pretty sure that I’ll be able to handle it. And I don’t need his help.

He can make Seung Hyun my partner instead.  He’s been doing a good job handling the Japan market of our artists anyway so I bet he’ll be outstanding as my partner.

 But why does Jiyong have to be the one doing this with me? I bet he’s up to something. I think he wants to get back at me for the incident yesterday. Hah! Go ahead, bitchy boy, make my day.

                                       ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside Jiyong’s office…

“Sulli, can you fetch Ms. Park? I want to discuss with her the incoming artists from YG”. Jiyong said to Sulli.

“Yes Sajangnim”, Sulli answered with a smile.

“Oh Sulli, you don’t have to be like that to me. We were close friends when we were young. You can just call me Jiyong, ok? I don’t mind. You don’t have to be too formal”, Jiyong smiled at her.

“But Sajang…Ahm…Jiyong, what about the other employees?  They might think that I am being disrespectful.”

“Don’t mind them, Sulli. You’re my FRIEND and I will be more comfortable if you just call me by my name. Okay?” Jiyong smiled at her.

Sulli nodded and felt a little pinch in her chest.

She just got friendzoned.

                                                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Knock. Knock. Knock.

“Uhm, excuse me Jiyong, Ms. Park is here”, Sulli stated.

“Okay Sulli, let her in”, Jiyong said.

The first name calling didn’t escape Dara’s ears. She felt something unknown stirring inside her.

[DARA’S POV]

They’re on a first name basis now?  Jiyong and Sulli? Hah! Well I shouldn’t be surprised since we were friends before with her. Come to think of it, Seung Hyun mentioned before that Jiyong is Sulli’s first crush.

I don’t know what this bitchy boy wants. One thing’s for sure, I am not going to let him control my actions here in this company. If he wants to meddle in my artists’ affairs, I am not going to let him.

“I believe you wanted to speak to me, Mr. Kwon” Dara asked.

“No Ms. Park. I want to speak to Sulli”, Jiyong sarcastically answered rolling his eyes upward.

“Of course I want to speak with you, that’s why I asked for you Ms. Park.  I want to discuss with you the activities of the SM artists as well as the comeback of our YG artists over lunch today. Meet me at the lobby at exactly 12:30 PM. That is all for now” Jiyong nonchalantly waved his hand motioning her to leave and not even bothering to look at her.

“Wait… No… I am not availa…” Dara said.

“Ms. Park”, Jiyong cut her midsentence.

“I won’t take no for an answer. It’s just a business meeting not a date so you don’t have to be so uptight about it” Jiyong answered with a victorious tone (Take that you wench!).

                                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dara couldn’t do anything but leave stomping her way out of his office. She was sulking in her office, her hands balled tight in a fist.

After a few minutes an idea came up.

She smiled to herself while hiking her skirt up, her long creamy legs showing in all its glory, applying a very red lipstick on her sultry lips and opening the top 3 buttons of her body hugging dress shirt her cleavage peeking out, a wicked smile evident in her lips.

If you think you can order me around think twice Mr. Kwon. I will make you very uncomfortable in this business meeting. I will have my revenge. It's going to be a very interesting lunch. Harharhar!

              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------