Chapter 2: The New CEO

The room fell silent as they watch Dara and Jiyong’s stare down contest. Nobody’s moving or even breathing. Everybody was in shock. If it wasn’t for the palpable anger in the surroundings, Bom would have burst in laughter.

Dara apologetically bowed her head several times not even bothering to look at Jiyong’s face. Her face was red due to humiliation.  She was so embarrassed about the incident. Jiyong smells so good though. He exudes charisma even though his back was turned. She’s guessing that she’s in deep shit judging by the horrified faces of her colleagues.

Bom looks apologetic but is hiding a smile behind her concerned look. Sulli, Jiyong’s new secretary, looks like she just saw a ghost and Seung Hyun is trying to hold his laughter in. President PSY just gave her a nod but disappointment is evident on his face. Dara felt a slight pain in her heart for she disappointed the President, her best friend’s Uncle.

Unknown to her, President PSY gave a disappointed look not because of her being late and a klutz but because he saw Jiyong’s face of revenge. He was expecting the look of love from him not revenge.  He knows the history between the two, with Bom being a blabbermouth.

Although Young Bae tried to stop himself from laughing, his face gave away his true emotions. His very own friend Jiyong just got owned and by his mortal enemy nonetheless. He got concerned when he saw a flash of evilness in Jiyong’s eyes. He knows his friend is up to something. Jiyong’s mind is already working overtime to avenge his dignity.

Dara was so shocked when the new CEO, Kwon Jiyong, the rejected childhood friend/suitor sat next to her while Seung Hyung sat on her other side. She’s practically sandwiched by two enigmatic gods. She felt guilt towards Jiyong all over again but shrugged it off thinking he must have forgotten it already. They were kids then, she thought.  She tried to calm herself by not looking at him and tried to act like he doesn’t affect her at all. She looks disinterested and without a care in the world on the outside but deep inside she’s already puking rainbows and unicorns because she just realized that Kwon Jiyong is HAWT!

Meanwhile, Jiyong was emitting a dark aura and sulking like a deranged man, bloody murder evident in his eyes.  How could this wench just ignore his hotness?      

Now that everybody has settled down on their own respective places, the meeting has begun as well as the battle of the babos between Jiyong and Dara.

[JIYONG’S POV]

I am going to send this bitch my most evil and deathly stare. I cannot fathom how this girl survived my deathly glare earlier. Is she immune to my good looks? I have taken a bath twice this morning making sure that I will exude the most irresistible aroma. I went to the salon for my early appointment to get my hair done. I went to the dermatologist yesterday to prepare for my grand comeback. I wore my best suit and practiced my aegyo for a week but how come this woman didn’t even bat an eyelash for me? Do I look like a hobo to her? Nobody can resist my charms but how come this wench acted like I was an eyesore? She should be apologetic to me for barging in like that. For invading my very private space! I swear I am gonna make her fall for me and leave her broken hearted like what she did to me years ago.