Chap. 21 Listen to me!

(Anna's POV)

This is not good! Hiccup is never gonna forgive me for this! I'm a complete idiot!

"Anna? What's wrong? What was that about?" Kristoff asked, looking at me with worry.

"It's all my fault" I whispered.

"Anna? Are you al-"

"Don't talk to me! You shouldn't have done that!" I screamed, tears pouring down my face.

Kristoff looked at me with pain and non understanding. I didn't care. I just ran off leaving him standing there dumbfounded. Cocoa ran after me, following me into the woods. I finally broke down sobbing, Cocoa trying to comfort me. My heart ached with pain. That wasn't a good sign. I managed to get a hold of myself, and tried cleaning my running makeup. I sat on a log, thinking of what I was going to do. I loved Hiccup and Kristoff, but would have to choose one. But which one? I thought about it as hard as possible, but couldn't come to a conclusion. I heard a twig snap, and looked up to see Ruffnut staring at me.

"Anna? What happened back there?" She asked, sitting next to me.

"It's a long story Ruffnut" I sighed, still sniffling.

"I'm up for a long story" She said, waiting for me to speak.

I told her everything that happened. She surprisingly, listened through out the whole thing.

"So, who you gonna choose?" She asked.

"That's the problem! I have no idea!" I said, sighing in defeat.

"Well....I'm just gonna ask you one question."

"Ooookay" I said, uncertainly.

"Which ones you're best friend?" She asked. With that, she walked away.

I sat in shock, not knowing what to think. But, I knew Ruffnut had a point. I sat pondering on her question. After about 10 minutes, I'd made a decision. Hopefully, I wouldn't regret it.

"Cocoa, let's go find Hiccup" I said suddenly, mounting the Dragon.

She nodded, spread her wings, and took off. We had to search for about an hour before Cocoa suddenly growled.

"What is it, girl?" I asked, looking down.

I ended up spotting a familiar black Night Fury. Me and Cocoa flew down, landing beside him. Toothless rushed up and pounced on me.

"I'm happy to see you too!" I exclaimed, hugging his huge head.

I asked him where Hiccup was, and immediately pushed me forward. He led me and Cocoa to a beautiful waterfall. I smiled at the amazing sight. It was very peaceful, so it wasn't too surprising Hiccup came here. Toothless pointed his head towards the waterfall. I noticed a shadow behind it, and instantly knew it was Hiccup. I swallowed hard, trying to ignore the pain in my heart. This wasn't going to be easy. This would either mean my heart would be broken again...or healed forever. I slowly made my way over to the waterfall, remaining on the opposite side of Hiccup. He luckily didn't notice my presence......or so I thought.

"You really suck at keeping quite" He said suddenly, scaring the crap out of me.

"And you suck at not giving people heart attacks" I added, holding a hand to my pounding heart.

"What do want Anna?" He asked sharply.

"I just want you're attention, for five minutes" I pleaded. I probably sounded really desperate. But at the moment, I couldn't have been more so.

"Five..minutes" He snapped, obviously not too pleased with giving me even that much time.

"I understand what you saw looked bad. But, believe me, I had no clue he was gonna do that! I hadn't known you were there and that he was gonna do it. I care for both of you..but there's one I care for more. I'm not gonna sugar coat anything! I'm gonna give you the honest to goodness truth, right now! And if you've got a problem with that, screw you!!" I yelled, tears going down my face.

I had walked to the side of the waterfall he was on. He had been taking steps away from me, while I was walking towards him. I looked him straight in the eye, reading them. They were bloodshot like mine. They were filled with pain, confusion, and distrust.

"I... I'm never gonna leave you. I'm never gonna abandon you or betray you. Cause you know what? I love you! With all my heart I really do! I wouldn't replace you, even if I was forced to. Because that's what true love is!!" I said, turning and running for it.

Cocoa ran after me once again. This time, she got in front of me. I tried to get past her, but she wouldn't let me.

"Cocoa, move" I said firmly. She growled in response.

"Don't let her, Cocoa" Hiccup said from behind me.

She nodded, pushing me towards Hiccup. I pushed against her, but it was useless. She pushed me all the way up against him. I started telling him to go ahead and get even. I told him to leave now, and let my heart break again. That way I'd be dead, and he wouldn't have to worry about me anymore. The whole time he slowly put his hand up to my face. Tears were pouring down my face again. He finally silenced me with a kiss. I pulled back and slapped him. He didn't seem affected, he just kissed me again. I growled against his lips. I tried to pull out of it again, but he held me too tightly. After a few seconds, I stopped fighting back. I let the passion hidden inside, course through my veins. I put my arms around his neck gently. He placed his hands on my hips, making me jump a little. After a few minutes, we pulled back looking in each other's eyes.

"Still hate me?" Hiccup asked, kissing me again real quick. Every touch took my breath away.

"Of course not. I never did" I whispered breathlessly. He smiled, stroking my lips with his fingers. We just stood there for a bit, loving each other. Knowing the other would never leave again. And knowing we truly loved each other.

"Back to Berk then?" He asked. I nodded. He mounted Toothless, and saw I was hesitant.

"What's wrong, hon?" He asked.

"C-Could I ride with you? Please?" I asked, giving puppy eyes. He extended his hand, and I took it.

I rode with him all the way back. Cocoa flew alongside Toothless, looking pleased. Was it just me, or did her belly look bigger? I shook the thought and enjoyed the flight. I rested my head on Hiccup's shoulder, sighing with happiness. I heard him chuckle slightly. Now, I just have to explain to Kristoff. Well, at least my loving boyfriend will be there to help me. I couldn't love anybody more than I love him. And that's the honest to god truth.