Chap. 22 He's the missing piece of me

(Hiccup's POV)

I got the truth from Anna and made up with her. Man! I really thought she'd tricked me into caring for her!! But, I was just too quick to react. I shouldn't have run off without letting her explain first. At least we worked it out. We were flying towards Berk, when an idea hit me. Yes, it was rather mean! But hey! I'm just making sure Anna really cares about me. I put Toothless tail in automatic mode, and turned to face Anna.

"Want to see something awesome?" I asked her, trying not to grin.

"Ummmm... I guess?" She said, seeming confused. I smiled at first, then leaned to the left and toppled off Toothless. Anna let out a scream.

"Hiccup what the hell are you doing!!?" She panicked.

"Something awesome!!" I responded, right before spreading my wings.

"What!?" She yelped in surprise. I turned to face her and winked. She face palmed, and sighed. I just laughed.

"Alright Cocoa! You're move!" I shouted to her. She nodded, and quickly flew under me to catch me. She quickly flew back up to Toothless and Anna.

"So, what'd you think?" I asked casually, climbing back on Toothless. She didn't say anything. She just pulled back her fist and punched me. Damn! Girls packs a nice punch!

"Oww! What was that for!?" I asked, giving her a serious look.

"For once again, almost giving me a heart attack!!" She screamed, looking pissed.

"Awww Anna! That was just a test to see if you truly care about me!! It seems you passed!" I cheered.

"Are you insane!!?" She asked, looking petrified.

"A little bit" I responded. She glared at me. I laughed and pulled her into a kiss. She returned it, running her hands through my hair. She pulled back, still glaring at me.

"That doesn't mean you're forgiven" She said proudly.

"It better! Or I'll make you forgive me" I said, threatening to tickle her.

"Alright! You're forgiven!" She cried, quickly scooting away. Well, as far as she could without falling off Toothless. Which was realistically, only like three inches. We finally reached Berk, and dismounted Toothless.

"I'm gonna speak with Kristoff" Anna said suddenly.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked, a little concerned.

"He needs to know about us" She said, looking worried.

"I'm sure you'll be fine" I said confidently. She stole a kiss from me, then ran off to speak with him. I secretly ended up following her. What!? She's my girlfriend! I don't know this guy! He could hurt her! I snuck up behind the corner of someone's house, and listened.

"Anna! What happened earlier! I didn't mean to make you upset!" Kristoff panicked.

"I know Kristoff. It wasn't you're fault. You didn't kn-" He cut her off.

"Anna? Before I was kidnapped, I had a question to ask you. And I'm gonna ask it now. Will you marry me?" He asked, getting down on one knee. Anna seemed shocked. But, also seemed like she knew her answer.

"Kristoff, I care about you a lot. You're a wonderful person! Caring, considerate, sweet, compassionate, I could go on! I adore the fact you asked me, and that when we were together you cared for me. But, I have to decline you're offer. I've fallen in love with someone else. He's ridiculously sweet, kind, loving, and so on. I adore him in every way possible!! And I know he feels the same way. He's that missing piece of me! That part I always knew was missing, he filled it! And I can't love him anymore than I already do"She finished, having happy tears in her eyes.

I suddenly noticed my face was wet. I'd started crying myself! No one's ever confessed their love for me like that!! Anna truly is a one in a million. Kristoff seemed surprised, but not upset. He seemed to be thinking at the moment.

"Wow! You really love this person, don't you?" He asked, standing up.

"More than words can ever describe Kristoff" She said confidently.

"Well.... as long as you're sure he loves you, I'm more than happy to encourage it. But if he hurts you like that loser Hans, I'll come clean his clock!" He said, completely serious. He was a pretty strong guy. Certainly not one I'd wanna tangle with.

"Thank you so much Kristoff! I'm sure, with a personality like that, you'll find someone in no time!" Anna said, jumping up and hugging him. He returned it, and they broke it. She thanked him again.

"No Anna. Thank you! You didn't say yes just so you wouldn't hurt my feelings. You were completely honest with me. And, I know that's one of the reasons that person loves you so much. Night" He said, and headed off.

She said the same, before heading in my direction. Crap! I quickly acted as if I'd just shown up.

"Hey Hiccup" She said, smiling at me.

"Oh, hey Anna! Been looking for you!" I lied.

"Really? Sure you haven't been watching me?" She asked, folding her arms across her chest.

Man! She knows me too well! I blushed and started sweating. She laughed and hugged me. I returned it, pressing her against me.

"So, how much did you hear?" She asked.

"Only everything" I answered. She squeezed me a bit tighter, letting her head rest on my chest.

"Did you mean everything you said back there?" I asked, kissing her forehead. She smiled up at me. We both leaned closer, looking in each other's eyes.

"Every word" She whispered, just before our lips met.