The Quinns

"Ummm make yourself at home. Would you like anything to ummm drink?" Robert hesitantly sat down on the couch and looked around at the house.  I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and took a deep breath.

"Uh some water would be nice." I forced a smile on my face and went in to the kitchen. When I went back in to the living room, Robert smiled up at me and put his phone back in to his pocket. I handed him the water.

"Thank you."

I sat down across from him. We sat in awkward silence for a while before Robert spoke.

"I'm dying Callie." My head shot up and he had tears welling up in his eyes.

"Why are telling me this?" When I found out Robert was my father I shut him out, we met up once but that was three years ago. And it didn't go all that great. It resulted in me yelling at him and storming out of the diner.

"Callie I know we don't have the best relationship,  but you are my daughter and I thought I should tell you in person... But I was hoping that Brandon, the twins, and you could join Jill, Sophia, I to dinner tonight. A get to know you dinner I suppose." I thought over what he said, some where inside of me I wanted to get to know my father before it was to late, it's been 22 years for gosh sakes. And I had to make up for all those these years before it was to late.

"What exactly is it that you are dying from?"

He took a sip of his water and ran his hand through his hair.

"I have congestive heart failure.  At first Jill and I thought I just had the common flu but when it got worse I went to the hospital, got some tests done. I found out two weeks ago. And sense I have such a rare blood type, it's practically impossible for me to get a transplant." I could see the tears slide down his cheeks and hear the crack in his voice.

"How long do you have?"

"At the most maybe five months." I felt my heart break for my father, Sophia, and Jill.  I had to fix this and try to have whatever relationship I could with my father. I walked over and sat next to him and took his hand in to mine.

"You are my father, and I want to make up for the last 22 years. I want you to get to know your grandchildren and your soon to be son in law. Let's make up for lost time." He smiled at me and gave me a hug.

"Thank you Callie." I felt the warm tears slide down my cheeks.  When he pulled away he quickly wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Well I will see you tonight then?" I stood up and walked him to the door.

"Of course. And where will it be at?"

"Probably at my place, around 6ish?" I gave him one last hug.

"See you then."

Roberts House

I kneeled down in front of Colleen and Landon before we went to the front door of Roberts house.

"Ok you two, you guys don't know these people but they are gonna be coming around a lot more. So there's no reason to be shy. Ok?" Even though neither one of them were shy.  They both smiled and nodded there heads. Brandon took Colleens hand and I took Landons, and we made are up to the front door. We rang the door bell, the door opened and there stood a girl that could pass as my twin sister.

"You must Sophia?" She took me by surprise and gave me a huge hug.

"I have been waiting for so long to meet you Callie."

"Can't... breath." Sophia pulled away and lightly giggled.

"Sorry. Why don't you guys come in." They house was huge, the twins eyes grew big as they looked around.

"Wow." They both said which caused Brandon and I to giggle.  Jill and Robert came from the kitchen and I gave Robert and Jill a hug, as did Brandon.

"And you must Landon and Colleen." Robert knelt down in front of them. Colleen smiled at him and Landon put his hand out. Robert looked up at us and I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Shake it." Landon said and Robert smiled and shook his little hand.

"Who are you?" Colleen asked curiously. Robert was hesitant to respond.

"This is your Grandpa Robert." Brandon said to them, which caused a huge smile to spread across Roberts face.

"Hi gwanpa Robert, I am Colleen." She gave him a hug and I could see the tears forming in his eyes.

"Who is she?" The looked up at Sophia. Sophia kneeled down to there level and smiled at them.

"I am your Aunt Sophia." The twins took a liking to her fast.  Robert led us in to the kitchen, Brandon helped Jill sent the table, Sophia played with the twins. Robert and I talked in private.

"Jill is really great Ro- Dad." He smiled at me and looked over at Jill placing the food in the table.

"Yeah this whole me dying thing made her decide not to divorce me." My eyes grew big and I stared at my broken father. All I did was hug him.

"I'm leaving all my money to Sophia,  and you. Jill gets nothing. And I want you and Brandon to have this house." My breath caught in my throat and it took me a minute to register what he just said.

"I can't accept that. I-" Robert just chuckled.

"Callie please just accept it, I owe it to you. Ok?" After a few seconds of my brain racing through so many thoughts I finally give in and nod my head.

"You wanna know one thing I wanted to always do before I died."

"What?" He smiled.

"To walk at least one of my daughter's down the aisle." And with that he walked back in to the kitchen.  I stood there in silence and sadness, before a great idea popped in to my head.

"You coming Cal." Brandon wrapped his arm around my waist. I looked up in to his bright green eyes.

"I can't wait any longer Brandon." He looked at me in confusion.

"Let's get married here, next weekend."