Chapter 32

“Pasliee!” Simon stared at her for a minute before looking up at Mr. Leighton.

“Dad, she’s not breathing!” Simon said. Mr. Leighton was looking down. Simon stood up and looked down at Pasliee.

“Is she dead?” Simon asked. Mr. Leighton stormed downstairs and picked up the phone in the kitchen.

“She can’t do this to Pasliee again!” Mr. Leighton grumbled as he pushed in the number of the mental hospital Miss. Sambilia was in.

“Hello…yes, I would like to speak to Miss. Sambilia…I’ll hold” Mr. Leighton calmly said.

“Hello?” Miss. Sambilia innocently asked.

“Where are you?” Mr. Leighton asked.

“In my cell” Miss. Sambilia answered.

“Oh, really? Then why is Pasliee dead?” Mr. Leighton asked. Simon flinched when Mr. Leighton said ‘dead’.

“Aw, baby-” Miss. Sambilia muttered.

“Don’t you dare call me that! I divorced you remember?” Mr. Leighton pointed out.

“Yes, I do remember that” Miss. Sambilia muttered. Mr. Leighton sighed.

“Calm down, our little girl is not dead” Miss. Sambilia re-assured him.

“Did you just say our little girl?” Mr. Leighton asked. By now, his anger was long gone.

“Of course, I’m Pasliee and Simon’s mother, aren’t I?” Miss. Sambilia asked.

“You remember her name?” Mr. Leighton asked.

“I’ve changed” Miss. Sambilia told him.

“Oh, baby-” Mr. Leighton was about to take her back when Simon punched his shoulder. Mr. Leighton glared down at Simon, who glared back.

“I’ve always loved the way you say that and my name” Miss. Sambilia remembered.

“Don’t play this game with me!” Mr. Leighton complained.

“What game?” she asked. Mr. Leighton didn’t respond and she sighed.

“Pasliee is not dead. Bye” Miss. Sambilia flatly him and a few seconds later hung up, all Mr. Leighton heard was the dial tone. Pasliee wobbled over to Simon, her eyes barely opened.

“Simon” Pasliee tried to grad his shoulder but as she started to fall, she lost her grip completely. Simon picked her up, cradling her in his arms, Pasliee’s arms loosely wrapped around his neck.

“Pasliee, are you okay?” Simon asked.

“No, I need to-” Pasliee yawned and her eyes closed. Within seconds, she was asleep. Simon stared at the sleeping Pasliee.

“She’s safe for tonight, Simon” Mr. Leighton re-assured him with a pat on the shoulder. When they got to school, Pasliee dragged Simon over to Stacy’s and Tracy’s locker.

“Pasliee, what are you doing?” Simon asked, confused.

“Stacy, Tracy” she called. The twins scowled at her when they turned around, making her bump into Simon.

“What?” Stacy muttered.

“Pretty please take Simon back!” Pasliee begged and the twins smiled. Simon pulled Pasliee away from Stacy and Tracy, distancing themselves.

“Pasliee, what are you doing?” Simon asked.

“Look Simon, you have to go out with Stacy and Tracy” Pasliee told him.