Chapter 23

Let’s go!” Victoria said.

“Maybe we should go to school” Pasliee agreed with Simon.

“Why?” Victoria snapped, turning around.

“We missed school yesterday”

“So?” Victoria asked.

“Maybe Simon is right”

“Are you siding with Simon now?”

“No, it’s just…maybe Simon’s right”

“Do you know what Simon is doing?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Simon is trying to get you away from me and back to him”

“Simon loves me; he wants me to be happy”

“Oh lord, he’s already gotten to you!” Victoria complained. She sighed and thought for a minute. “Alright, we’ll go to school for your precious Simon”

“You won’t regret it”

“I already am” Victoria disagreed. When Pasliee and Victoria walked into school, Simon walked over to Pasliee and hugged her.

“Pasliee, my favorite sister in the world!” Simon cheered, picking her up.

“She’s your only sister!” Victoria sourly pointed out. Simon put Pasliee down, still hugging her.

“Don’t ruin the moment!” Pasliee happily ordered, still hugging him. Stacy, Tracy, Dylan and Zack walked over to them.

“Hey Simon, what are you doing?” Stacy asked with a hint of anger in her voice.

“Just giving my all-time favorite girl a hug!” Simon answered. Stacy and Tracy glared at each other and then at Simon and Pasliee.

“Pasliee should stick around with us for the day” Dylan suggested.

“She should” Simon agreed and Pasliee smiled.

“Hey Tracy, remember that movie about the girl with the brother?” Stacy asked.

“Yeah and she went to rehab to overcome her suicide problem” Tracy muttered.

“And then she had a lesbian romance with that other girl in rehab” Stacy added. The two smiled at Pasliee, whose’ smile was long gone.

“Hey Pasliee, have you seem that movie?” Tracy asked. Pasliee stepped away from Simon, who looked at Stacy and Tracy and then back at Pasliee, who had tears welling in her eyes.

“Pasliee, what is wrong?” Simon asked. Pasliee shook her head as tears started to fall. She wiped a few tears, grabbed Victoria’s hand and pulled her away and down the hall, ignoring Simon calling her. He turned to Stacy and Tracy.

“What did you do?” Simon asked.

“What did we do?” Tracy repeated, sounding hurt.

“We didn’t do a thing, Simon!” Tracy answered in an upset tone.

“Then why is Pasliee upset? Why is she crying about what you said?” Simon asked.

“How should we know? She’s always upset!” Tracy disagreed.

“She’s never upset until you say or do something to her!” Simon pointed out.

“That’s not true!” Stacy argued.

“We have never done anything to her!” Tracy agreed with your sister.

“Halloween!” Simon grimly remembered.

“We didn’t do it!” Stacy lied.

“Yes, you both did! The whole school is sure that you did it and I am positive that you did it!” Simon knew she was lying.

“We didn’t do it!” Tracy repeated.

“Well, you didn’t stop it either!” Simon reminded them.

“Simon, this is stupid, let’s just let it go” Tracy tried to put her hand on Simon’s shoulder but he swatted it away.

“Simon, just walk to class with us” Stacy suggested.

“We have the same class” Tracy pointed out.

“So does Pasliee” Dylan remembered. Stacy and Tracy glared at him.

“Come on, Simon!” Stacy begged.

“I don’t feel like it!” Simon grimly said.

“Simon, Pasliee will be fine she always is!” Stacy lied. Stacy and Tracy both knew was never fine, she probably would never be again.

“You don’t know a thing about Pasliee! She’s my little sister, she’s never fine and she needs me! I love her and I want her!” Simon snapped at them and walked off.