Chapter 15

Pasliee was curled up in a dark corner and the blinds were closed.      

“Pasliee” Victoria called and opened the blinds. Pasliee was back in tears. Even though light was shining on her, she still had a dark silhouette. Victoria stared at her, shocked, confused and scared.

“Leave me alone! I’m a freak!” Pasliee ordered.

“No, you’re not” Victoria disagreed.

“Leave me alone!” Pasliee repeated and the blinds closed themselves and the room got dark. Shaking, Victoria slowly walked back to the door where Dr. Hulu was.

“Is there anyone you want to call?” Dr. Hulu asked. Shadows filled the walls and ghostly sounds filled the room.

“My father” Pasliee answered.

“Okay, we’ll get you father on the line” Dr. Hulu agreed as him and Victoria slowly stepped out of the room, the door shutting itself behind them. A few minutes later, Dr. Hulu walked in with the phone. Pasliee stood up, taking the phone. Dr. Hulu walked back out, closing the door behind him.

“Pasliee, what’s wrong?” Mr. Leighton asked.

“I need to get out of here!” Pasliee whispered.

“Maybe we should wait another day” Mr. Leighton disagreed.

“Why?” Pasliee whispered.

“Pasliee, are you whispering?” Mr. Leighton asked, confused.

“Yeah” Pasliee answered, looking around.

“Why?” he asked.

“The walls have ears” Pasliee answered.

“What?” Mr. Leighton asked, confused.

“My powers…came out and I can’t control them!” Pasliee informed him.

“You can’t?” Mr. Leighton asked.

“I’m scared, dad, I need Simon and I need to go home!” Pasliee started to cry.

“Sweetheart, don’t cry! I’ll be right up there!” Mr. Leighton told her.

“Bring Simon, please bring Simon!” Pasliee begged.

“Okay” Mr. Leighton agreed and hung up.

“Simon” Mr. Leighton called. When he walked into the living room, Simon was standing in front of the couch right next to the phone.

“You know, Simon, it would be nicer if you said something instead of just listening” Mr. Leighton told him. Simon looked down.

“Want to help your little sister?” Mr. Leighton asked and Simon nodded.