Chapter 18

Pasliee shook her head.

“Why not?” Victoria asked. Pasliee moved closer to her locker.

“You’re upset” Pasliee noticed.

“Of course I’m upset; Simon is your brother not there’s! Pasliee, you’re giving them power they don’t even have and letting them use that against you! Pasliee, you could easily go find Simon right now or tell him later but you won’t!” Victoria fumed.

“So, what should I do?” Pasliee asked.

“Tell him!” Victoria answered.

“I can’t! He wouldn’t do anything!” Pasliee complained. Victoria sighed after a few seconds.

“Alright Pasliee, you win! Just do what you feel is best!” Victoria turned and started to walk away.

“He knows about the Halloween video!” Pasliee informed her. Victoria stopped.

“Wait, what?” Victoria turned around and walked back over to Pasliee, who was yet again in tears.

“How much?” Victoria asked.

“Everything” Pasliee answered.

“What did he do?” Victoria asked.

“He talked to them alone and told them to stop” Pasliee answered.

“That’s all?” Victoria asked.

“That’s what he told me” Pasliee remembered.

“How’d he tell them to stop?” Victoria asked.

“I don’t know, he didn’t tell me” Pasliee answered.

“Oh Pasliee, I had no idea!” Victoria apologized and hugged her.

“He won’t listen!” Pasliee muttered.

“Then, make him listen!” Victoria whispered back. At lunch, Pasliee called Simon over to her locker. Simon walked over to where Pasliee was, standing by her locker.

“Hey, Pasliee, what’s up?” Simon asked. His smile disappeared when he saw her frightened facial expression.

“Pasliee, what’s wrong?” Simon asked, grabbing Pasliee’s shoulders. Pasliee felt tears fall out of her eyes and roll off her cheek.

“Pasliee, what’s wrong?” Simon repeated.

“Simon-” Pasliee’s voice broke.

“Simon, what are you doing?” Stacy snapped, storming over with Tracy right beside her.

“Something’s wrong with Pasliee” Simon answered.

“Everything is always wrong with Pasliee!” Stacy yelled.

“Don’t talk about my little sister like that!” Simon ordered.

“Simon!” Pasliee repeated, walking right into him. He hugged her tightly, letting her cry. Stacy and Tracy glared at him, clearly upset.

“You can leave!” Simon rudely suggested. Stacy and Tracy walked off.

“Simon!” Pasliee wanted so badly to tell him but she couldn’t and couldn’t stop crying. After the lunch bell rang, she was still crying.

“We should get to class” Simon said. Pasliee nodded. Simon let go of Pasliee, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and pulling her close. She kept her head down, covering her face with her hair.