Chapter 2

The blood came from her mother’s body. She walked over to her mother and looked at her for a minute. She turned and as she was walking a bloody hand reached up and grabbed her boot.

“Pasliee!” she yelled, gasping for air.  Pasliee turned around.

“Pasliee, it’s me, mommy” she said and Pasliee screamed again. Mr. Leighton ran upstairs and into the bathroom.

“Watch out for the blood-“Pasliee stopped herself. The blood was gone and so was her mother which left Pasliee just standing there, scared and confused. Mr. Leighton hugged her, tightly holding her.

“Pasliee, what’s wrong?” Mr. Leighton asked. Pasliee burst into tears and ran into her room, closing the door. The next day when Pasliee walked through the school hallways, she kept her head down. After a few minutes, she bumped into Simon and jumped. Simon hugged her.

“Whoa, someone’s jumpy” Simon joked. When Pasliee didn’t respond, he glared at her, worried.

“Pasliee, what’s wrong?’ Simon asked, very serious. Pasliee looked up at the group of people around Simon and then Simon himself, her eyes filled with fear.

“Um” Simon looked at his friends, “I’ll see you guys later’. Simon kept an arm around Pasliee and walked her to an empty corridor.

“Pasliee, what’s wrong?’ Simon asked. Pasliee stared at Simon for a minute or two.

“Simon” Pasliee looked around, “I saw Mom”.

“No way, mom has been locked up since you were six” Simon disagreed.

“I know…but I saw her, I swear I did when I was at home, yesterday and I went to close my door. I saw a trail of blood coming out of the bathroom I went to the bathroom, opened the door and saw her. Mom was all bloody and lying on the floor. She grabbed my leg and called my name, she wasn’t breathing… she was like gasping for air” Pasliee informed Simon.

“Pasliee, didn’t you have a nightmare last night?” Simon asked with an amused expression.

“Yes, but-“Pasliee noticed the way Simon was looking at her. She started to cry. “I know what I saw, Simon!”

“Look Pasliee, you had a nightmare and you’re just scared” Simon disagreed.

“I know what I saw, Simon!” Pasliee whined.

“Look…I’ll walk you home and stay with you today” Simon offered.

“Can you stay with me tonight?” Pasliee asked.

“Of course I will” Simon answered and Pasliee hugged him. Afterschool, when Pasliee was walking down the hallway to the front of the school, she heard someone.

“Pasliee, Pasliee” a voice called. She looked around but no one was there so she kept walking.

“Darling, don’t you fear, mommy’s here” the same voice spoke again but yet again, no one was there. She started to walk faster.

“Don’t be scared” the voice soothingly advised. Pasliee realized the voice was her mother’s.

“Oh no” Pasliee muttered and without even thinking, started to run. She turned a few corners and bumped into Simon.

“Simon!” Pasliee happily muttered, hugging him tightly.

“What’s wrong?” Simon asked.

“Its mom, I know it’s her!” Pasliee told him.

“Mom was locked up when we were six” Simon lowly reminded her. That was true. One day when Pasliee was six and Simon and dad weren’t home, Mrs. Leighton (who is now a Miss. Sambilia) tried to kill Pasliee. She chased her around the house with a knife and a fork and the backyard with a chainsaw and power saw. She had almost succeeded when she chased her back into the house and repeatedly stabbed her but before Mrs. Leighton had time to burn Pasliee’s body or even stand up, for that matter, Mr. Leighton and Simon walked in and saw Pasliee’s scarred and bloody body. The two took Pasliee to the hospital, just in time. In a few more minutes, Pasliee would’ve been dead. That was when Mom was locked away and Simon become very protective.