33[Edward Sanders]

"I'm not an orphan"

I chocked on my food when Ken uttered those words but he continued anyway, ignoring my coughing fit.

"I know you have a story behind who you are today and I have mine. I know you have your own demons, nightmares and secrets just as I have mine but as much as I'd like to keep it all in, I also badly want to let you in so here I go"

"You don't have to Ken. I can-"

"No Edward. I trust you. I pretty much trusted you with my life the second day we met and I've come to trust you as a person, as a friend and as a uhhm-lover" Ken was doing so well with his calm and stoic demeanour until the lover part. Then he was back to a blushing and stuttering mess.

I felt my pants tighten at the tempting sight but I didn't dare act on it. Matter of fact, I neither commented nor acted like I noticed which he gladly appreciated seeing as he quickly composed himself and continued on.

"So as much as I want to just shove my past in the farthest corner of my mind. I also think you deserve to know what makes me. Me" He kept going on and I nodded, deciding to just listen and let him have his moment.

"What I said is true. I'm not an orphan"

"My parents are Isabela Roland and Simon Collins. My mom gave birth to me at the age of 16 in a small town called lensley. Her parents were religious catholics so when their teenage daughter got knocked up, they were quick to turn their back on her. I don't mean the kind where your parents throw you out which would've been better than what they did, instead they made it their job to keep her locked up. They made sure she knew how much of a disgrace she was to the family and so on and just like any other human being, she was keen to break and break she did"

"She committed suicide by cutting her wrist as cliché as that sounds" Kennedy angrily laughed humorlessly but I dared not react or open my mouth because the amount of anger in his eyes was frightening. I lifted my hand and held his comfortingly but I didn't miss the way he flinched at the skin contact.

"She realized fighting for me wasn't going to make her life better but worse so she decided to take it from her herself, unfortunately her parents found her before she could kill the both of us and that was the biggest mistake they made"

"Maybe it's the near death experience or it's something else but mom became a shell of whatever person she was before and she started doing drugs. As clueless as I was, I then decided to just pop into the world, her world. The worst mistake I ever did"

"My grandmother died shortly after I was born and when my grandfather couldn't deal with a broken heart, a one year old and a crackhead daughter, it got to him too and he was dead too before I even turned two years old and then it was me, my fucked addict mom against the world"

"I can't remember anything nice about my mother. Our relationship wasn't the stereotypical where an addict mom marries an addict abusive guy but said mother still being your rock and your armor through the harsh times. For me, it was a different kind of relationship"

"For everyday of my life, my mother made it her job to remind me how much of a mistake I was, how much of a burden I was to her, how much I had ruined her life, how much I was the reason behind everything and you know the funny thing. She wasn't lying"

"I learned to live with an abusive and way past addict mom and by the time I was 13, I had a job and an addiction of my own. It was my worst mistake, I still don't know why my teenage brain thought drinking was a cool way of dealing with stress and sadness but it just did but unlike my mom, I realized what I was doing before it was too late so I decided to stop"

"By the time I turned fifteen, I was feeding the both of us and taking care of my weak mother. It was hard but I had to go through it all"

"One night, I guess the drugs got the best of her and just like every other drug addict, overdose was her sad ending. I lost my mother to some rehabilitation center and my normal life to foster homes.

"Some were okay but as I grew older, the harder living with strangers became but I found family with Dad and Star so here we are"

"And then when I thought everything was the best it had ever been, Dad passed away and I couldn't deal with it. The pain was harsh this time and I just-" I could feel my body tremble as the pain hit me once again and I let go, harsh sobs escaping my throat.

I flinched when Edward's warm hands engulfed my whole body but not even my whimpers and thrashing made him release me. My body gave out and I stood limp in his arms.

He continued to whisper sweet nothings in my ear while trailing small pecks down my ear, my jawline, my neck and down to my collarbone and before I knew what I was doing. I was grinding my hard on against his thigh.

"Slow down baby" Edward rasped in my ear, I could feel the restrain in his voice and I knew he wanted this as much as me. I was maybe a little impatient and in need to forget for a while but still I could hear his harsh breathing and his own arousal against my stomach.

"I want you. Now" I whimpered out while wrapping my palms around his head and pulling his head down, back to my neck.

"Fuck" Edward cursed and in a matter of seconds, the fingers that gripped my waist tightly were gripping my thighs instead and lifting me off the ground.

I moaned as my arousal rubbed against his hard stomach while I wrapped my legs around his waist then we were walking and that's when what we were going to do hit me and I tensed when we reached my room, Edward's lips attacking my neck once again.

"Fuck. Can I-" I muttered and even I could feel the tremble in my tone. I was internally panicking but before I could panic further. Edward shoved his thumb in my open lips while shushing me in the process.

"Shh...Can you let go for me baby?"

I did as told, his tone and concerned face making my body relax in a matter of seconds and I could feel my body react to his raspy words.

God, he was so good at this.