20[Edward Sanders]

Three months.

It has been three months.

Three fucking months without ever hearing a word from Kennedy. Three months of wondering why he thought drowning himself in booze would give him the answers he was looking for. Three fucking months of missing him like crazy until it hurt like so fucking crazy.

It has been three months since Kennedy left, the only reminder of 'us' being the nightmares that woke me up in the middle of the night and the ghostly passionate memories that invaded my thoughts daily. The only clue I had about him was that he had left for rehab in Hawaii and apparently I wasn't allowed to visit or any other thing that would give me a chance to see his beautiful face again.

It's has been three months with no connection between us. It was almost not a crazy thought to think that he was avoiding me. Saying that I missed him was an underestimate since I wanted him so bad. I needed him, I craved him dangerously.

I would spend my whole day now days wondering and worrying. Asking myself every type of questions.

Was he okay?

Was the treatment working?

When was he coming back? 

Did he think of me?

Did he miss me?

Was he eating?

Did he hire another bodyguard?

Did he meet a cute Hawaiian nurse?

Every second of my day in the office nowdays ended up with my head filling up with these questions until I couldn't take it anymore then I would leave whatever I was doing to pester Carla into telling me more.

Yes. I like Kennedy. Three months is a long time. The time made me realise just how much I cared about my boss and how much I wanted to be more than an assistant to him. One month only had been enough to make me run to my best friend and confess how much I liked and missed her brother but since she was a trustworthy sister, she couldn't tell me what Kennedy decided not to reach my ears.

"Edward" Carla sighed and muttered my name in frustration the moment I had stepped foot in her office without even knocking on her door.

Maybe it was the dishevelled look I rocked, maybe it was the dark bags under my eyes or the maybe it was the normality of this schedule I had implemented for us these days. I don't know what gave me away since her eyes had that look again. A look she gave everytime I steeped foot in her office in anticipation, eager to hear more about Kennedy.

A look that screamed 'Yes, you're worried and you miss him but please go away. I won't give you anymore information'

"You have to stop this Edward" Carla cried. She didn't even look fine herself. If it was me or her brother she was more worried about, I had no idea. Maybe it was the both of us.

"You're making this hard for me too. You know?" She cried out and the moment her voice range increased an octave higher, I knew she was just as worried as I was and now she had to worry about me too.

"You miss him, I know but I miss him too and believe me when I tell you that he doesn't tell me as much as I want to know. All I know that you don't is where he is so please stop doing this. Okay?" She cried and her moist eyes made me feel even worse so I rushed to my best friend's side and hugged her to me.

We were two people that cared and missed the same person. We had to be strong for each other and hope Kennedy was doing alright.

Hope.

Hope is all we had.