17[Edward Sanders]

"Man, I'm so-" I didn't even give Khalil a chance to finish his apology since my knuckles painfully collided with his cheek-bone halting the words coming out of his mouth to a groan instead.

"The fuck do you think you're doing? Huh?" I asked through clenched teeth, my eyes seeing red and my body seething. I was so angry at everything. At my best friend for ruining things for me, at Kennedy for assuming the worst and at myself for losing my cool, for almost having sex with my 'straight', 'virgin' boss and mostly at myself for feeling like this.

"That is my fucking boss Khal, my fucking boss and I like him" I admitted in a smaller voice. The angry, vicious, big man in me disappearing and a smaller, afraid and terrified man in me evident in my tiny voice.

Khalil's eyes widened and his expression softened. He quietly came over and wrapped his huge arms around me as I stood there.

Terrified.

"Tell me about it" Khalil's deep voice broke the calm silence that came with his familiar arms hugging me. Keeping me safe from the harsh world.

I didn't know where or how to start. The story was there in the back my mind but revealing it was another thing. I knew what I wanted to tell my stupid best friend but I didn't want to say the words out loud. The revelation was scary, thinking it was terrifying but admitting it out loud, to Khalil, to my self was another thing. I was putting myself out there once again.

Broken, wounded and vulnerable and that is one of the thing I needed right now.

"Say it Ed, tell me" Khalil demanded softly, his voice a low tone, soothing, understanding and begging.

He wanted to know if I liked Kennedy or If I 'LIKED' Kennedy and I already knew the answer to the question. I saw knew what I felt but It was a scary feeling so I just wiggled myself out of the confront of my number one best friend and turned my back to him.

He sighed and I knew he was probably going to insist and pressure me into admitting my feelings for my boss so I decided to talk before he did.

"You didn't have to do that, man" I whispered referring to his little moment that drove Kennedy out of here with the worst hurt look to grace his beautiful face.

"Stop changing the subject Ed. I want an answer" This time it was Khalil that whisper-yelled through clenched teeth. His voice angry and frustrated.

"Say it Ed. I dont want you to get hurt. Again" He added in a softer tone. That pitiful tone full of sympathy that I hated so much. My body tensed and I dont know how, when but I found my body turning by itself, my eyes watering on their own accord and my tongue twisting in my mouth, forming words that changed my whole life the moment I admitted my truth.

"Yes. Yes. Yes, Khalil. I like my boss so fucking much. I think of him all the time and I fucking dream about him" I yelled, my face burning red with the amount of adrenaline pumping through me.

"I LIKE HIM SO MUCH" Besides the whole yelling session I chocked at last. The words my mouth admitted registering trough my brain that moment and just like that. I was back to square one.

Broken. Wounded. Vulnerable.

I liked Kennedy.

I liked my straight boss.

I was utterly fucked.