12[Kennedy Knight]

"Your eyes...so blue" Edward slurred as his eye lids dropped and as his breathing shallowed.

"Jesus" I chuckled silently.

Did he even sleep last night? I asked myself.

I walked to the guest room that he always slept in and retrieved a pillow. I put it gently under his head and laid a blanket on his huge form sprawled on my couch.

This was funny right now and crazy. Me, there on my carpet in my living room kneeling uncomfortably in my dress pants as stared at my sleeping assistant. When did this happen?

His brown skin was yellowish pale, dark bags under his eyes and his lips, a white and chapped mess. He looked sick but he still managed to look so handsome.

Me thinking this was so wrong.

I got up off the floor and rushed to my room to change into some sweats and went to the kitchen where I now stood with absolutely no clue about how to make anything other than coffee so I decided to give a call Mrs. Adams a call once again. The phone rang and this time she picked up on the fourth ring.

"Mr. Edward" Her voice was wavy and sad. She absolutely was crying.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly. I cared about my housekeeper because 'why not?' she took care of me so I had to take care of her. She was almost the mother I never had.

"I'm-so-s-I'm-I" She couldn't even form a sentence and that had me worried.

"Hey! hey! Calm down. Text me where you are and I'll come to you, okay?" I tried to soothe her. She was definitely in sorrow so after getting a broken 'yes' I hang up.

"Fuck" I cursed silently.

I had to make Edward some sort of soup and now Mrs. Adams couldn't guide me through this so I righ now, I only had my non-cooking skills and internet.

After two hours, 18 videos and a ridiculous amount of wasted food I managed to make a 'not so bad' chicken broccoli soup that smelled amazing and tasted okay.

I left the mess and washed my cuts. The knives weren't easy on me. After putting the soup on the table and the fruits in the fridge I made my way to the living room to check on Edward.

The guy was pretty much still out of it but he was sweating gallons and when I touched his forehead skin I almost had a heart attack.

"Jesus, Wake up. Edward! Wake up" I shook his shoulders roughly and watched as his eyes drowsily open up as he groaned tiredly.

"Wake up. I'm taking you to a hospital" I said sternly but he just kept shaking his head continuously and puffing his cheeks.

"Are you-Oh my god. Don't! Let me get a bucket" I shouted as I ran to the laundry room which was luckily on the first floor. The moment the bucket was in Edward's line of sight his head was buried in it as he heaved throwing a little and just heaving and chocking on air.

"Shhhh" I rubbed his massive hard back slowly. When he looked like he wouldn't be throwing up anymore I lay him back on the couch and took care of his vomit.

When I had a basin of ice cold water and a face towel. I walked back to the living room, knelt down on the carpet putting my stuff on the side and moving the blankets down from Edward's body.

"What are you doing?" He rasped out making me think of the soup. I stood up again and answered him as I went to kitchen.

"You don't want me to take you to the hospital so I'm the one taking care of you and I made you some soup" I yelled from the kitchen as I heat up the soup again.

"Deal with it" I added mumbling silently.

I didn't know which one of us was going to have a hard time dealing with it.

Me or him.