26 [Kennedy Knight]

"What in the fucking world is this?"

Edward and I jumped apart and we both turned our flushed faces in the direction where the unmistakable voice of Carla was heard.

Carla's eyes were wide open and so was her mouth that hang open. If I wasn't so flabbergasted in that moment, I would've burst out laughing because her expression was beyond hilarious but this wasn't funny at all. My sister who happened to know me as a straight man had just walked in on me making out heatedly with my assistant/her best friend/her crush.

Nothing I mean no excuse could justify what was going on between Edward and I and I was sure as hell not ready to tell her that I was probably in love with Edward.

Did I just think 'in love'?

Yes I was indeed in love with Edward, the thought was pure and innocent in my mind even though it left me feeling vulnerable but I was also comfortable with the feeling but what I feared the most wasn't Carla finding out nor was it the world learning of my sexuality. No.

What I feared the most was the thought of Edward not feeling what I felt. I could feel the passion in his kisses, see the worry and care in his actions, I could see the hunger and desire in his eyes but that still left me wondering if he actually loved me like I did him and just the thought of him rejecting my attachment left me feeling like an ignored puppy and I hated the feeling so much. The feeling of being torn apart until you were left a vulnerable and exposed mess in the hands of another to hold you or to crash you. I hated it so much but God, how I wanted him to love me.

I wanted him so bad. I wanted his lips on mine all the time, I wanted to touch him everywhere, I wanted him all to myself and I really wished he felt the same way.

"Are you really going to stand there and not explain to me why you guys were kissing?" Carla asked impatiently and the amount of venom and disgust laced on the word kissing stabbed me in the heart and I was actually afraid Carla wouldn't accept me. Maybe she didn't hate gay people but happened not want a brother that happened to be gay.

"Edward, let me do this" I said to Edward and sent him an expression that I hoped read 'Just leave. I'll explain for both the of us'.

I was sure I wouldn't be able to concentrate if the guy responsible for my hard on was in the same room as me and I really needed to have this talk with Carla.

"Okay" He mumbled, his eyes shooting at Carla to give her a smile that she didn't flash back since her eyes weren't leaving mine.

When the door shut, leaving me and Carla in silence, I could feel the tension in the air and I swear Carla wasn't blinking since her eyes were hardcore glaring at me and then-

"Oh my God Ken. Oh my God. How did you manage to get past Edward. Oh my God, I'm so happy for you" Carla was squealing like a school girl, her smile genuine and her eyes dreamy as if she couldn't imagine Edward with anyone.

"Tell me everything. Do you love him? Wait, are you gay?" She seemed not able to control her excitement and right then I couldn't ask for a better sister.

"Oh My God Ken. Start talking" Carla practically yelled throwing her hands up for effect and I chose to tell her the truth. My story.

She listened, squealing where it became 'too cute' and awwing when it became 'too sexy and romantic'.

"So when did you realise you were attracted to him as a man" She asked finally, brows furrowed in confusion.

"I don't know. I guess I kind of always admired his looks but I thought it was just because he is extremely hot" I admitted and it was true but then when he slept at my house and I woke up to him cooking breakfast, I kind of had liked the experience. Waking up to a shirtless Edward as he cooked my breakfast and the thought never left me since even though I always put it at the back of my head, I knew it was always there.

"Wow. So you love him?" Carla asked and I hesitated then she was fanning herself as if she had met Meryl Streep but she was serious in a second and looking at me funny.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked cautiously as her eyes searched mine.

"Please don't hurt him and I can see the vulnerability in your eyes which means you're worried he may not love you back but I promise you, Edward has gone through a lot of shit so if he is able to open up to you then it means you're somewhere in his heart so please Kennedy don't hurt him" Carla said and as much as I wanted to know Edward's story, I didn't want to ask Carla. Edward would once tell me so I would wait then maybe I would tell him mine then.

"Have you gone on a date?" Carla asked and I just blinked, the thought of taking Edward on a date never crossed my mind. Maybe it was because I felt as if he was responsible since he was the Alpha in our relationship or maybe it was because I wasn't sure how he felt but I did want to take him out on a date. I would to spend all my money on him, spoil his sexy ass and the thought of that made me smile.

"Wow. You really love him don't you?" Carla asked and all I could with the goofy smile on my face was nod simultaneously.

"Then suprise him, take him out on a date and tell him you love him. He needs his happiness back. He needs to fall in love" Carla said and I nodded once again, already thinking of our date.

"Well, this was fun and I came to tell you that all your meetings were cancelled so call your boyfriend back and have sex on that desk of yours" She said and shivered as she stared at the desk probably visualizing that encounter and thinking about it. I would definitely love to bend over my desk for Edward.

"Get out. I miss him" I muttered practically ushering her out and then I was rushing to my phone to call him back. God, I actually missed him.

I was definitely going crazy.

Edward was driving me crazy.