Chapter 33 - Never give up...

So only one chapter left after this one guys! Ahhhhh, exciting and sad lol This one is quite short but very neccessary to the story so I hope it touches you in the way that it is intended to. The last chapter will also be uploaded later on today so that I can enter the watty awards which I hope you guys will be supporting me in :) 

Chapter 33 - Never give up...

"No!" I screamed angrily as the paramedic dared to utter those words.

"Don't," I whispered as the tears began to burn my cheeks. I could feel all of the pairs of eyes on me but I didn't care.

"Please hunny, you have to move back now," a female paramedic said in a gentle voice.

"No, you're not giving up on him, I won't let you!" I screamed down at them.

"Please, I am sorry but there is nothing more that we can do," she said in a sympathetic tone.

"You can try! He can't be gone. Try again, please, I'm begging you," I almost whispered as I looked down at Kyle's lifeless frame on the ground.

This couldn't be it. I won't let it be.

"April don't do this," I heard Aiden whisper as he gently grabbed my arm.

"Get off of me!" I screamed as I ripped my arm, free from his grasp.

"Do it again, now!" I screamed down at them.

"We can-"

"Yes you can! Either way there's nothing to lose. Just do it again or I will do it myself," I said in a stern voice as I pleaded with my eyes.

As I watched the female paramedic's eyes shift from me to the man who appeared to be in charge he gave a soft nod, indicating that she could do as I asked.

"Thank you," I whispered as I watched them take up the machinery again.

It was as if my body took in an automatic breath as I watched them get ready to shock him again. I couldn't lose him, not now. I couldn't let Mimi lose him or his mom or dad, it wasn't right. I watched as the plates rested on his chest as they prepared to shock him again. As the machinery caused his body to rise up and down I gasped in anticipation. I felt hot tears roll down my cheeks as I watched her shake her head.

"I'm sorry," she said as she avoided my gaze.

"One more time," I growled through my tears.

"But-"

"One more time!"

"April, don't do this to yourself," I heard Crystal whisper, sympathetically. I didn't want her sympathy, I didn't need it. She didn't understand, none of them did.

"Again," I pleaded as the tears fell faster.

"One more time," the paramedic that was in charge said as he looked at me sympathetically.

As I watched Kyle's lifeless body, lying there I felt my whole world end in that split second. It was over, he was gone. I was angry as I thought about what Jake had done. He wanted to hurt me and he had but that had cost Kyle his life and it wasn't fair. I slowly turned around, ignoring all of the whispers and gentle touches on my arm as I prepared to escape the pain. It was as if I was floating just above the ground and that nothing about the world was real anymore. As I began to walk away in a daze I suddenly heard one of the paramendics voices.

"There's a pulse".

I frooze in utter disbelief as I tried to process the words. Please God, tell me that this isn't a dream. Tell me that this is real. Please say that when I turn around it will be real I pleaded and it was. I turned around and watched as the paramedics ran around his body frantically, moving quickly to get him in the back of the ambulance.