Chapter 17 - Date night

As I listened to Crystal's footsteps walking up the stairs and getting closer to the guest room, I almost fainted.

"What are we going to do?" I whispered.

"Nothing," he replied as he shrugged his shoulders.

Either I was going crazy or he just said nothing.

"Nothing?"

"Yup," he said as he casually sat on my bed with a smile on his face.

"Aiden, Crystal is about to walk in you need to hide befo-"

"April, I called you when I was at the bottom of the stairs why isn't the door open yet? Come on my hands are full!" Crystal shouted from behind the door.

This was it, I was officially going to have a heart attack.

"You need to calm down and trust me," Aiden said with a straight face.

"But-"

"Trust me," he repeated.

Trust him? For some reason I did, so I took a deep breath, turned the handle and opened the door. I had officially gone crazy.

"At last!" She shouted as she stomped into the room.

"What are you doing here?" She said as she placed the two cans of Pepsi on the chest of drawers and turned to face Aiden.

"Who, me? Sorry, last time I checked, I lived here too," Aiden said with a smirk on his face.

This is what I trusted him for, to make stupid comments. Oh great!

"Was you born sarcastic or is it a skill that you've just perfected over the years?" Crystal snorted at him.

"It was a gift actually and to answer your question, I'm giving her some advice for her date tonight," Aiden replied.

Please work, please work, please work!

"You, giving out advice on dating? Ha, that's a joke isn't it, especially after Cayce," Crystal replied.

It worked!

"Whatever. Anyway as I was saying, where's he taking you tonight?" Aiden asked.

I stood frozen, I knew that I needed to talk but I couldn't. Aiden was so good at this but I was sure that Crystal could probably see the sweat on my hands and the fear in my eyes.

"Hello," Aiden said as he looked into my eyes.

As I stared back at him all I could think about was that I had just kissed him. I had kissed Aiden Daniels, my best friend's brother and the worst part of it all was that I wanted to do it again.

"Sorry, I was just-"

"Daydreaming, yeah we know. She does that a lot lately," Crystal interrupted.

"He's taking me bowling," I finally said.

Suddenly the room went silent, they both stopped what they were doing to stare at me and then they burst into a fit of laughter that I was sure would make their ribs crack.

"Bowling? Are you serious?" Aiden asked as he began to catch his breath.

"Yes, I'm not that bad," I replied.

"You really are," Crystal said as they both started laughing again.

"Yeah, well that was a while ago, I'm sure that I would be much better now," I said.

"Mmmm, we'll see," Aiden muttered.

"I heard that," I replied.

"Well, the bowling I can't help you with but your hair is another matter. I've just done it, why is it sticking up like that?" Crystal asked as she pointed at my head.