Chapter 16 - Sherlock Holmes

As I stepped inside of my house, I quickly ran upstairs so that I could think of a plan. A whole week or maybe two under the same roof as Aiden was not what I had planned. I wasn't sure how he was going to act after our little run in earlier.

What if Crystal started to pick up on something?

Oh gosh, I needed a way to get out of this and fast.

Suddenly I felt the familiar vibration of my phone.

A whole week at mine!!! EXCITED!! Hurry up and get your butt over here so that I can make you look sexy for your date tonight. xx

Oh great, I had totally forgot about Jake, again. I did that a lot lately.

Now that Crystal was so excited, I was even more nervous.

It didn't take me long to pack my things, which was good as I needed as much time as possible to make a new plan.

"That was quick," Bob said as I jumped down the last step with my baby blue, mini suitcase in my hand.

"Yeah," I said as I forced a smile onto my face.

"Hey, mom I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice if I kept Uncle Harry company whilst you guys were gone?" I asked as I had my fingers crossed behind my back for luck.

"Uncle Harry? He's watching Tilly, that's enough company to last him a lifetime with how hyper she can be".

"Yeah but I'm sure that human company is better," I said.

"I don't know. Don't you want to stay at Susan's?" She asked suspiciously. 

Lie and lie good April!

"No it's not that but I just feel like I might over stay my welcome," I replied.

"You use to stay there much longer than a week when you guys were kids," she said as she continued to write out a list, on a piece of paper.

"Yeah but we were little then, I guess that Crystal and Aiden might need a bit more space now," I lied.

I knew that Crystal would be over the moon to have me stay and Aiden was hardly going to care with his new found 'feelings'.

"I suppose you have a point. Maybe I can ask Uncle Harry then," she said as she picked up the house phone.

Result! This was easier than I thought. Crystal would be mad but it was worth it. I couldn't be around Aiden for that long, it was just too dangerous.

"Hey, Harry, you ok?" I heard my mom say as I jumped into the chair next to her, so that I could hear the whole conversation.

"Hey, sis," he said. It sounded as though he had just took a sip of something. Knowing him it would be beer.

"April was wondering if you wanted her to come and keep you company whilst we all went away?" She asked as she threw me a smile.

"Yeah sure," I heard him say.

Woahhhhh! She shoots, she scores.

"Ok, great, well we're heading to mom's and then I'll drop her round later ok?"

"Yup," he said as he let out a disgusting, sounding burp.

"And Harry?"

"Yup," he replied.

"Please take care of my baby," she said with a slight look of panic on her face.

"Of course," he replied.