Arrival

Khali POV

My nerves have been wreaked since about halfway through the flight. Getting off of the plane didn't make things too much better. Asia and her aggy ass sister have been have been arguing with each other almost nonstop. Laila has been 'Ooo'ing and 'Aah'ing at everything she sees. Prior to her amazement, though, her and Tommy were screaming at each other like neither one of them had any type of sense. The shit they were saying to each other was enough to hurt anyone's damn feelings. Speaking of screaming, Khalid and Taylor had been screaming and keeping up a lot of noise even though I told them to use their 'inside' voice. Katelynn has been restless and cranky. Omar used his powerful lungs through most of the flight. Ma and Mama Joyce have also been talking all loud and shit. Leek got drunk as fuck on the plane so he put on a free concert for everyone. This nigga got so into it that he actually got some of the other passengers to sing along with him. Nova and Melanie were the only ones who were fairly quiet throughout the flight. It's not like I have a problem with them being so hype, but... that was the longest damn three hour fight I ever been on.

"Aye look." I said to everyone once I finally got them to sit the fuck down. "I don't want any drama on this trip. Any beef that you got with one another should have been left in the states. I thought I made that clear before we even left the house. If I-"

I heard my mother and Mama Joyce snickering, so I turned my attention to them.

"I don't recall telling a damn joke."

"Lori he is sooooooo freaking adorable when he's mad. Look at him! Then he threw a little cuss word up in there like I'm not wearing his favorite belt. Ike may be old but he still got the power if you use him right!" They giggled more to themselves. She isn't funny at all. I used to be a little bad ass and since my mom was so lenient on Leek and I, she'd tear us up with that damn belt. I still have nightmares about that fucking thing sometimes. It still hurts a little to sit down.

I was about to say something before Desiree decided she wanted to open her damn mouth. I don't think I'll ever damn like her. If it was up to me we would have just brought Tay along with us and let Desiree sit at home and guard the house.

"Just because we come to a different place doesn't mean all our problems go away. Fuck off with that Khali. You know like we all know that Asia will mess the trip up for everybody with her mean, insensitive ass."

Instead of Asia snapping at Desiree, her eyes started watering. It's something up with her. I don't care what anyone says, there's something wrong with her. She doesn't think I did, but I heard her crying in the bathroom. Like I've said before, I think she struggles with Bipolar depression or something. I'm not at all trying to be mean or funny at all. Either she struggles with that disorder, or something horrible happened in her past that she was never really able to get over.

"You need to fuck off bitch. You ain't fooling nobody. African at the top and Brazilian at the ends. You could have left your mad ass at home. Asia us the reason we're even here. You so mad with most of us yet you were probably the first one to pack your shit. Sister or not, don't disrespect my girl. I shoulda been sent your ass back to Detroit but the only reason I haven't is because I love your daughter. Cut the attitude, I'm really not the one to fuck with." I snapped at her as low as possible, but I didn't really have to. The kids weren't paying attention to me anyway.

She was about to say something but I waved her off. I don't have time for her bullshit.

"Anyway, please tell me somebody else brought their license. We need to go ahead and get to the rental place. Leek and I were suppose to be the drivers, but as you can s... Wait, where did he go?"

I started looking around but immediately felt embarrassed when I saw the fool doing a bunch of old dances. He did everything from the tootsie roll to the cabbage patch... or whatever it's called.

"I have mine." Melanie said as she stood up and pulled her wallet out of her big ass purse.

"Let me go get him before we get thrown out of here!" Nova frowned up as she stood to her feet then went over to Leek.

When she tried to grab him, he pulled a Fred Sanford and pretended to have a 'big one'. He had one hand on his chest while his other arm freely wailed in the air.

"That's your damn brother. Mama's baby, daddy's maybe."

"Don't remind me." Melanie mumbled as we made our way out the airport.

We made our way over to the rental place, which was conveniently enough wasn't too far. The process to get the SUVs didn't take too long. We just had to sign a few papers then we went back outside to wait on them.

"It is sooooo beautiful here! It's way more beautiful than any place I've been at in the states. We haven't even left the airport yet but I can tell it's so much better than the states."

I smiled down at Melanie as she looked around the area then up at the sky. She's right. Places like this actually respect and care for their land. That's why it's so pristine and beautiful here. America... I don't even want to get started on America. People in America take so many things for granted.

"What part of Jamaica will we be staying in, Khali?" She asked as she hooked her arm around mine. For some reason that made me chuckle. I can see the excitement all over her face, but she's good at containing herself.

"Montego Bay. You know, Montego bay has a very interesting history. It h-"

"Oh please save those details for later. We were planning on taking a tour while we're here. I want it all to be a surprise." Her frown lessoned as she looked down. "I wish Marcus would have been here. But apparently, I'm not good enough."

Oh, right. That's why she's been so quiet. Her and her boyfriend broke up. I see why Leek didn't like him so much, he ain't nothin but a punk ass nigga.

"Mel, you were too good for him. That was his problem. You're almost done with college, you carry yourself with class and grace... he just wasn't on your level. You can do way better than him. He doesn't know how to appreciate a real woman."

Her smile came back on her face ten times stronger, which is good. There's no need in being all sad over a bum ass nigga ain't 'bout shit. Soon time he realizes what he had, she'll find a real man to be with.

A few seconds later, we retrieved our SUVs. Melanie followed me back around the airport so we could pick everyone up. Luckily, everyone was standing outside when we got there. We got out then walked around to meet them.

"Umm..." I looked at Leek oddly as he rested his head on my mom's shoulder. "What happened to him?"

Mama Joyce smirked before letting out a laugh. "Ike had to have a few words with him."

Laila huffed out a breath of air as she covered her face. "They are so embarrassing."

"Whatcha say Anna Mae?" Mama Joyce asked.

"Nothing." I answered for her. "Okay umm. I'll take Asia, Leek, Tommy, Nova, Omar, and Katelynn. That way Khalid can sit with Taylor." That would also be a good way for Asia and Tommy to stay away from Laila and Aggy.

At first I was about to get one if those big ass suites for everyone to stay in, but I'm glad I listened to Leek. We have four rooms. Nova, Leek, and Omar in one room. Asia, Katelynn, Khalid, and I in one room. Melanie, Aggy, Taylor, and Tommy in one room. The moms and Laila in the last room.

"And I'll have the rest!" Melanie said, muffling her disappointment with a laugh. "Thanks a lot Khali."

"Oh it was no problem at all."

I chuckled then started grabbing the bags. Asia helped me load up our SUV while Tommy helped Melanie load theirs. We have so many damn bags that it looks like we're moving to Jamaica instead of just visiting. I never understood why women packed so much shit. They probably won't even use a majority of it while we're here, and I already know we'll have to pay extra luggage because I know they'll go shopping.

Once we were all situated, we left the airport.