Ultimate Truth

Khali POV

Having almost all of my family around me made me feel good. It made me feel at ease until I heard the doorbell. An uneasy feeling came all over me when I got up to get it. Asia made it over to the door right when I opened it. The look on her face let me know that this wasn't going to end very well.

They started talking, but I couldn't help but think how familiar he looks. I've met a lot of people, but I don't recall ever seeing him before though. It's just... his facial features, hair color. It all looks so familiar.

"Asia do you have some paper to-"

Melanie got me out my daze. My mind was blown when I looked from her to the man. Wouldn't it be crazy if...

"I didn't think yall would find out like this but yall are half-sisters."

I hardly had time to think about what he said, because Asia hit the floor.

"Shit."

I quickly hit the floor and lifted her upper body onto my lap quick. She fell straight back, so I'm pretty sure she hit her head. Hopefully her thick curls cushioned the blow though.

The man... well their dad I should say, started saying something else, but that was the least of my concern. I lifted her off the floor and I started walking towards the steps. When I reached the top, Nova was coming out the bathroom. If I had to guess, I would say she had another sickness spell. This baby has been kicking her ass. She seems to be handling it well though. Lately she has been a much happier person for whatever reason.

"What happened? She was just cooking."

Her ass always thinking about food. She sounded so disappointed.

"Her dad. Melanie. Sisters." I slightly raised an eyebrow. "I'll tell you later. Just know that she fainted."

Her hand went over her mouth. She followed me to our bedroom and agreed to monitor her for me.

I went back downstairs. The kids were still happily playing in the living room. I had to sneak past them. Katie would have for sure started following me.

Melanie and her dad was still in the foyer area. I came just in time to see her hit his chest with tears on her face.

"Just know that I don't want you in my life now either! It's too late. You weren't there for me when I needed you the most. I damn sure don't need you now. I'll be a better parent than you ever were!"

She ran off before either one of us could say anything.

"This was a horrible idea." He chuckled then put his hand out. "I'm Samuel by the way."

"Right. Khali." I stuffed my hands in my pockets.

I'm not even going to lie. Usually I'm a paranoid ass mess. I don't pick up any type of bad vibe from him though. Not a harmful vibe anyway.

"You're mad at me too?"

In a way, I kind of am. He is part of the reason why my continent is the way she is. She's warming up to me now, but she used to be completely closed up and guarded. She used to have so much anger in her. Learned that when we first met. But look at how she was brought up. Without a father. A man who should have been by her side. He should have been there to pave the way for her. Showing her how a man should treat her. Showing her that if a man doesn't show her respect, he isn't the one for her. Teaching her self defense. Teaching her self worth. He was supposed to be the one telling her how extremely beautiful she is every single day. Her shoulder to cry on. Her strength when she's weak. Her everything.