Truth is

Khali POV

An unsettling feeling swarmed my stomach as I sat at my desk. Something wasn't right. I'd been feeling this way ever since Asia left, but she hasn't been answering my calls. Leek told me that she was okay though. I guess I just have to take his word for it.

I was about to get up and go find something to eat, but my phone rang. I tried not to answer the second it started ringing, but it was who I've really wanted to talk to. She was facetiming me.

"Asia!"

She smiled and laughed at me. "Wow! I've never seen you this happy to see me."

"It's just... Are you okay? I've checked in with everyone else, but not you."

The sorrow on her face raised my curiosity. She was about to say something, but Leek took her phone.

"Did you do what I asked you to do?"

Damn no hey, hi, how you doin, or none of that shit. He was referring to when he asked me to talk to Nova. She won't answer any of my calls either. She probably figures I want to talk about Leek and his stupid ass mistake.

"Nah."

"Nah? Fuck you mean nah? There's no telling what she could do to herself! Last time I texted Tommy he told me she locked herself in her room and refused to come out."

"And when was that?"

"YESTERDAY. BUT I DON'T SEE WHY THE FUCK THAT MATTERS NIGGA! THE LAST TIME SHE LOCKED HERSEL-"

"Calm ya ass down fool." I said as I propped my phone up.

I then picked up my pen and started writing some more. I've been working on some business ideas. It's time for Leek and I to clean our money and step away from the game. We basically already have stepped away, but we are still the bosses. We need to find a loyal nights to give it all to. That's why we need to invest our money in something good. So we can keep making more money. Legit money. We've talked a little, but he got all this shit going on.

"KHALI! Fuck you doin nigga?"

"She hasn't harmed. Tommy told me she was perfectly fine when she picked him up from school. I talked to him not too long ago."

"Okay." He sighed. "Man I just don't know. I'm ready for this waiting shit to be over. I already know I'm not the father. I only have one kid."

He didn't sound confident at all. It was almost as if he was trying to convince himself that he really wasn't. Cheating is a big ass headache. I'm not going to pretend that I never have, but I was younger and foolish then. I was holding on to a relationship that wasn't worth shit.

"Only time will tell. Now put Asia back on the phone nigga."

He was about to say something else, but Asia snatched her phone back. She came into my view again.

"I love you."

That took both of us by surprise. I do, I really do, but I didn't know I was going to say it.

"Do you really mean that Khali?" Tears left her eyes.

This is frustrating to me. Because it's all my fault. She wouldn't be so skeptical if I actually showed her how I feel. She is right. I'm a closed up. I don't mean to be, I've just been this way for so long. I always felt like I needed to be. I guess this was the same issue my mom had. Me not saying exactly how I feel. It's hard though.

"Yes, Asia, I love you. And I'm sorry that I can't always tell you how I feel. It's just. Things have happened in my past and I would always try and pretend like they didn't. I muffle how I feel because I ju-"