Strengthened Love

Khali POV

When I got back home from putting some miles on my new, clean ass, white car, I decided to just sit in driveway for a while. While I was sitting there, I was looking at the ring that I really want Asia to have someday. If it weren't for the tint in my windows, my mom and Mama Joyce would have ended up seeing the ring. They scared the fuck out of me when they came up and tapped on my window. I just stuffed the box in my pocket and got out so they wouldn't think I was being suspicious. I walked in with them but then came back outside to put it in a secure place in my car.

"Damn I'm glad no one saw th..." My heart instantly started beating faster when I felt that the box wasn't in my pocket anymore.

"FUCK!"

I got out my car then slammed the door before running back into the house.

"Khali, why did you go outside? Isn't it still raining?" Asia asked with a huge smile on her face as she got up from the sofa and came over to me.

Damn, does she know?!

"Uh... no..."

She looked at me oddly before she smiled again then she hugged me. I looked past her to see Leek. He held up the ring box then shook his head, mouthing the words 'don't do it. don't do it! Bros over continents!' This fool then got down on one knee then he opened the ring box. Asia was about to turn her head, but I lightly grabbed her face then crashed my lips into hers.

"Eww what the fuck? Don't do that shit in front of my son. Nasty asses." Leek said as he grabbed Omar from his bassinet. "I'll be in the den if you need me." He winked his eye at me as he held up the ring box and walked away.

Asia bit her bottom lip then giggled, probably because she liked the kiss. "Wow Khali, the last time you kissed me like that, we were making Katelynn."

I chuckled at her statement. She's probably right.

"Baby can you believe that he got Nova a promise ring?" A sigh of relief escaped my mouth when I heard that. "I don't see the point in him giving her the ring. She already gave back the first one. I don't know what he's going to have to do to make it up to her, but she'll easily forgive him then go back crawling to him. I'm surprised she hasn't already forgiven him and opened her legs to him again. She doesn't have much of a backbone. And plus she needs him anyway. It's not like she has money or anything."

"Oh really Asia?" Nova asked as she came out of the kitchen. "You don't know what I got, so miss me with that bullshit. Like I supposedly need Malik, you need need Khali. Name one thing that you own right now that wasn't paid for with his money."

"Nova I'm so-"

Nova waved her off. "Save your sorry, I've heard it too much." She turned then walked back into the kitchen with an angry expression on her face.

This might sound weird, but I'm proud of Nova. Usually she would break down and back down all upset, but she stood up for herself and held her own. I don't like when they argue with each other, I'm just glad that she's not afraid to speak her mind.

"Do you think I was wr-"

I put my finger on her lips to silence her.

"My name Bennet and I ain't in it. Let me go ask Leek about that ring though. I wonder why he got her another ring."

I let her go then I went into the den to see that Leek was laying on the sofa, looking at the ring that was in the box. Omar wasn't on his chest, so he must have taken him upstairs to their room.

"Bruh did she see the ring?" I asked as I closed the door.

He just continued to stare at it. He looked like he was zoned out, so I went over and knocked his legs off the sofa so I could sit down. He sat up, mumbling shit under his breath. For a few more seconds, he just stared at the ring. He was most likely thinking about Nova.