Chapter 33 : Simran Speaks

"He won't give up so easily my child," said Dad.

"You have to either face him or go away from him and we are not willing to send you away from us," Mummy told me.

I've been hiding this for seven months now, just two more. Once the baby is here, I'll have to hide the baby and not myself.

"Mummy, I can't tell him the truth. Just a matter of few weeks now. Isn't there anything we could do?," I asked them.

"There is," said Dad, "As you guys know am retiring in a month and I'm sure your mother can take a voluntary transfer. We will go back like planned just a little early."

"If they don't give me a transfer I'll quit," Mummy said.

My eyes moistened. I had the world's best parents. Dad encouraged me to move on and not wait for them. One of them would be with me as soon as possible.

After making the arrangement, within 24 hours, I found myself on a plane back home, India.

Whole journey I thought about what would I do alone but I had forgotten I wasn't alone. Two of the most amazing people I've known were in India. Krish and Keya, my roommates back in the university. I had kept this from them too. But I have no one to turn to otherwise. They are my only hope. How sorry I am for not staying in touch with them regularly when I knew they cared about me a lot.

I called up Keya and told her I was at the airport. Being the caring person she is, she told me they would be there in a matter of minutes. They were near the airport itself.

Krish was dumbfounded when he saw me. He came to me, hugged me and asked, "You okay?"

"Not really!," I replied, "I'm sorry."

"Hey," he said while still hugging me, "Don't say that okay. We are here for you. Come let's go."

We were home after dropping a friend of theirs whose face I couldn't even see properly. I met Krish's mother, Gauri Aunty.

She got me water and took me to the room where she said I would be staying. She insisted on talking to my parents and so I gave them a call.

She kept assuring them that she would take proper care of me and they should not worry. After a while we went out to find Keya back.

This was the time, to tell my story to these guys. I told them about how I had met the father of my child and got pregnant. Then how he wanted me to abort my child. What I did not tell them is his name. I didn't know if it would be right, coz the guy was associated to our university once and was renowned.

But hey, it's Krish and Keya. Which friends do what they are doing? They took me in regardless of anything. They have supported me. They are the reason I can hope for a better future for my child.

Before I could tell them his name, they started telling me how much they love me and how they'll be there for me. I couldn't ever repay their kindness.

Keya and I unpacked my luggage and caught up on some lost time. Her phone was ringing continuously and I finally told her to answer it. She told me it was her boyfriend. Keya finally found a guy, I was happy.

As she was leaving I asked her who he was. What she answered stunned me. Vivan Rathod.

This meant that the guy in the car was Varun Rathod.

The Rathods.

I wanted to go right after her and tell her to stop. They were rich people. What if something like me, happens to her too. These rich brats don't care about emotions.