Chapter 25

Keya never thought she would have to fetch for those tablets again. But that was the only way which would make her stop thinking about Vivan. She was about to put the sleeping pills in her mouth when her door swung open with a thud.

"Keya..," her Mom called out with in a worried and scared state.

Keya threw the pills in her hand and got up from her place. "Mom.. What's wrong? You look so worried?," she asked.

"Keya .. Its.. Its Sahil on the phone...," her mother replied. The hand with the phone in was shaking. Keya quickly paced to her and grabbed the phone. Sahil had already hung up.

"Mom what did he say?," Keya was starting to get scared now. She called him back but her call wouldn't get through.

"Vivan..," she started to speak but it panicked Keya immediately.

"Vivan what? What happened to Vivan!," Keya lost her mind.

Her mother held her and said, "Vivan has been in an accident."

With that, Keya froze.

"He got hit by a truck on the highway and they are taking him to the hospital now," she tried to shake Keya who was in a shock, "Baby are you fine?"

"I.. I.. Need to see.. Vivan. Hospital. I need to. Go..," Keya went crazy and looked for her Lamborghini keys.

"I'm coming with you," Mom declared and Keya nodded.

Once they sat in the car, Mom said, "I totally trust you to be safe so take that pointer to the end of the speedometer if u may."

Keya knew she was lucky to have such a cool and trustworthy mother. She for the first time had tasted the speed of her powerful car.

Keya reached the hospital right behind the ambulance. She stopped her car at the immediate available place and jumped out of her car.

She saw Aarav getting out of the ambulance and Vivan on the stretcher. Aarav's shirt was soiled with blood. The moment Keya realised the intensity of the accident, she went hysteric.

"Vivan," she screamed and went to the stretcher.

She grabbed his palm and managed to say between her sobs, "Vivan look at me. Vivan look am here. You are gonna be fine okay.?"

Keya and Aarav did not leave Vivan's side until they reached the operation theatre and Vivan disappeared behind the huge doors of the OT.

Nothing could be worse than this for Keya. She went weak at her knees and started crying the moment she leaned against the wall. Aarav immediately took her in his arms and tried to calm her , "Shhh.. Shhh baby.. He is going to be fine." Aarav himself was a mess right now but he had to be there for her.

"Aarav its all because of me.. It's my fault," Keya wouldn't stop crying and Aarav continued to pacify her.

Krish's mother couldn't watch Keya's state. But she had a more difficult task to complete. Aarav's father, Mr. Shukla also reached the hospital along with his wife.

"Gauri," he called out to Krish's mother.

She let a sigh of relief and spoke, "Thank god you here. I was so confused. Did you call Reema?"

He replied,"I had no idea what would I tell her. I am trying to contact Vijay, he is in the US right now."

"Okay never mind. I think I should call Reema myself," she said and dialled her best friend's number.

In the UK.

Reema was with her youngest son Varun.

"This feels go good. I'm glad both of the pricks aren't here. I have you all for myself now," Varun said as he enjoyed being oiled by his mother.