Chapter 52

It was Varun who had stopped the bike using emergency brakes right in front of Tanya and Krish on purpose.

Keya was the first one to scold him, "Careful you idiot! It won't be long until these stunts of yours turn into a mishap!"

"Whose bike is this anyway?," Vivan asked.

"It's Raj's. He has taken out my car on the date and I brought his bike. They are on their way back so I asked him to meet me here itself."

"Excuse us please," Krish said and took Tanya aside.

"Look it's getting late. I think we should call it a day," Tanya said.

"You can't just say stuff like that and then you expect me to ignore it," said Krish.

"I am not," she said, "I'm just saying let's talk about it tomorrow. I don't want you to get impulsive. Please think about it. I wanted to tell you everything in a better way. Not like this. So please Krish, if you can hold on to your horses, we will talk tomorrow!"

Varun looked at Vivan and Keya with a confused look. They gestured him to not worry.

Keya knew she had to do something to lighten the mood so she said, "Guys. Aanya is returning from her date! How on earth can we miss this opportunity to pull her leg and get back at her for all those sarcastic jokes she's made on our love lives!"

Krish and Tanya smiled at Keya and said, "We all could agree to that.

"You guys sure are crazy. Aanya will kill you," Varun said taking out his phone, "I just got a text from her saying.. Hey might.. Oh it's nothing."

"What does the text say? Why did you stop abruptly?," Krish asked.

"Oh nothing. She is saying she can be late," Varun said.

"You sure can't lie," Vivan said and snatched his brother's phone.

"Might be late or just spend the night out. Turns out he has the house to himself. *winks*," Vivan read out the message.

"What the ef!," Keya and Tanya exclaimed at the same time.

...

Raj took Aanya to a classy restaurant.

They decided to get to know each other better so Aanya asked, "Tell me about your family."

She regretted it the minute she said it.

"I'm sorry. It's okay if you don't want to talk about it," she said.

"Oh no I sure will," he said, "So my father is an ass. Leaving my mother for a younger and weathier woman."

He continued, "It started a couple of years ago. His outstation trips suddenly started increasing. He spent more time outside than home. When we realised, it really shook my mother but she kept believeing that he will stop everything."

Aanya kept her hand on his as he spoke, "My Mom and sister are my world. I would tolerate my dad's attitude with me but when it came to my mother and sister, there came a point where I couldn't stand it."

"So the divorce was your idea?," she asked.

"Yes it was. I wanted my mom to live an independent and free life. Not bound to that man by any means," he said.

"She deserves to be away from him."

"Well supposedly when my Dad wanted to start his business, my mother had sold her jewellery and financed him," said Raj, "She has no interest in that money now. But technically half of our property and profits belong to her."