Chapter 47

The celebrations continued. The ceremony ended with lunch.

Once the last guests and Jay's family had left, everyone collapsed wherever they were.

Keya's Aunt smiled at the kids.

"You guys were fantastic," she told everyone, "Now go take some rest. The girls who are going to apply mehendi will be here in a couple of hours.

"Oh yeaa," Varun said, "I was wondering what's missing!"

"I didn't want to dance around with mehendi hence I told Mumma to keep it later in the day," Sakshi told everyone.

"Enough of the talks. Now go and rest, all of you," Keya's aunt told them and personally took Sakshi to her room.

The mehendi artists arrived two hours later and the girls were summoned.

Sakshi's mother had made jewelery from flowers, which she wore as she sat for her hands and legs to be decorated with henna.

Two ladies started working on her simultaneously.

There were three more of them.

Keya, Sarah and Ritika sat with each of them.

Krish was the first guy who cane down humming, "Mehendi lagake rakhna, doli sajaake rakhna! Lene tujhe o gori, aayenge tere sajnaa."

"Non-stop radio you are na?," Sarah asked him.

"Radio with Video babaee," he said and she laughed.

"Aanya you not getting it done?," he asked.

"Eww no!," she said.

"Come on now! You have started dating," her sister said to her, "Might as well start practicing more female etiquettes."

"Oh hello," Aanya jumped to her defence, "I am dating, not fixing my marriage or something. I've agreed to get it done for Dee's wedding na. Enough of it."

"Arre chal" Krish said, "Now you must practice! I'll be your artist."

He fetched a mehendi cone and took her by her hand and sat next to Keya.

"We'll do better than Keya's," he told Aanya.

"You are going to ruin your hand little sis!," Tanya said.

"Krish is awesome okay?," she replied, "I rather!"

"Yo! We rock!," Krish said and fist bumped her.

The other guys came downstairs shortly.

"Yikes!," Varun said and went to Krish and Aanya.

"What the hell!," he started laughing on seeing what Krish had done, "Masterpiece!"

"At Dee's wedding, you can try too!," Aanya told Varun.

"Shut up Aanya," Tanya said, "You are going to get a proper one at Dee's wedding."

"Why are you vacant?," Aarav asked Tanya and joked , "Come I'll draw on your hand."

"No thanks! I love my hands a little too much!," she said.

"Oh hello, my sister drew the best mehendi," he said.

"Yeah that's true," Keya said.

"Your point being?," Tanya asked.

"My point is. We are twins. What she can do, I can too and what I can, she could," he said.

Aanya pressed her lips and said, "Well if Krish knew that earlier, my sister would have been single instead of you Aarav!"