Chapter 39

Aanya reached home and found Manya's door slightly open. She pushed it slowly and went inside to find Manya sleeping with a file in her hand.

Aanya took away the file and pulled the covers on her. Manya was working very hard to finish her current project in the office so that she could take her holiday for the wedding. As the day of the wedding was nearing, Aanya was realising more and more how much she was gonna miss her.

Her sister was beginning a new chapter in her life, love had done her good after all. Is it true what everyone keeps telling her? Is it really worth the try? She would have to do it herself if she wanted to know. But was Raj the one who she'd want to give it a try with?

Which other guy interested her currently? None, she thought.

Aanya went to her room and sank in her bed. She finally made the decision.

She called Raj.

One ring.
Two rings.
Three rings.

"Okay I called but he ain't picking. There goes my try," she spoke to herself and was about to hang up when a voice spoke from other end, "Hey."

"Umm hey," Aanya replied.

Silence followed.

"I'm sorry," both of them blurted at the same time.

Aanya took a whole minute to register it before both of them laughed.

"Look I wanted to apologise for snapping at you like that!," Aanya told him.

"Well even I'm sorry, I was rude to you," he said, "It's just that I'm not used to being turned down."

"Same here. Like I'm not used to being flirted with," Aanya said.

"What?," Raj exclaimed, "How can someone not flirt with you?"

"Oh well everyone knows me and they know better than messing with me that's all," she said and could here Raj giggling.

That was when she placed her hand on her forehead, "You were flirting again!"

"Aanya I doubt guys must not be flirting with you. They sure must be! Its just that you can't figure out they are," he laughed.

"Look honestly. I can't flirt. I mean I don't know what to say and when to say it. So excuse me if I fail to understand your words," she told him.

"You'll understand," Raj said, "You'll understand when I'm trying to woo you."

Aanya got butterflies in her stomach. Did he just say he would woo her? Was he like declaring that he was gonna flirt with her?

"You said you aren't used to being turned down. I take that as you're quite a womanizer?," she asked.

"Oh you hurt me Aanya! Not all! Just some beautiful ones like you," he smirked behind the phone.

How much ever Aanya wanted to blush and smile, she replied, "Woah there. I never said your flirting was accepted. Don't make me change my mind about you!"

Raj lay on his bed as he asked, "So you've made your mind about me?"

"I.. I.. I d.. Didn't say that," Aanya said.

"Oh god Aanya. Relax. I was kidding," Raj laughed.

"Umm ya whatever," she said.

"You look adorable when you narrow your eyes like right now," he said.

Aanya panicked and looked around.

"No I'm not spying on you," Raj laughed again.

"Okay I just called to apologise and know that we were cool! I'll see you tomorrow then?," she wanted to hang up.