25 - I can feel it

(Just a short fluffy chapter.)

Ellysia's pov:

I groaned as I rubbed my aching back, I was so ready for this elfling to come, I was sick of all the aches and pains that accompanied pregnancy.

It was late afternoon and I was incredibly bored from having been cooped up in my chambers for the last two months. I was keeping myself busy with some embroidery, but even that was becoming dull. Thranduil had decided to move part of his study to our chambers so he could be with me while he worked. I stood up from the chair in front of the large window and made my way over the bed. I crawled on top and leaned down against the soft pillows, sighing as I did.

After ten unsuccessful minutes of trying to nap, I propped myself up on my elbows and peered through the hallway to where I could just see the back of my husband as he worked on the kingdom matters and things. A small rush of warm breeze blew through the open window and rustled his light blond hair giving me an idea. I loved playing with his soft, silky hair, and he always let me, but I had wanted to braid it for so long, and create intricate designs and patterns. And right now that thought helped diminish some of the boredom.

"Meleth nin?" I called out weakly.

The sound of a chair scraping on the floor came and a few moments later Thranduil was at my side, "are you alright?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded, "yes, but I am so terribly bored and wondered if you could spare a little while to be with me?"

He glanced back towards the desk he had been at and then back to me, "of course," he stated, sitting next to me on the bed, "what would you like to do?"

A cheeky smile spread over my face, "can I braid your hair?" I asked shyly.

He looked at me curiously before an amused smile appeared, "if you want," he replied, "but I could think of many things to do that you might like more."

I shook my head, "I can't," I stated, "because I really want to do this."

He chuckled as I sat up and positioned myself behind him, running my hands through his silky hair, I loved the feel so much.

I brushed a few pieces from the front left side and divided it into three strands, weaving them into a loose braid. I reached over to my nightstand and grabbed a strand of string that I used to tye my hair and fastened the end of the braid with it.

I then did the same on the other side and tied it off. I then took a think chunk of hair from the very top, divided it into four parts and braided it down a little, adding in the two previous braids and continuing until there was a small amount of hair left before tying it off.

I moved my hands away for a few moments to look at my creation, it was beautiful.

"Turn around to me," I instructed.

Thranduil obeyed and I smiled, then it would disappear as I thought, "there's something missing..." I murmured.

I looked around the room and noticed the kings crown laying on a nearby table, I crawled to the end of the bed and reached out for it, I grabbed the end and carried it back to my original spot behind Thranduil.

"Stay still," I said softly as I carefully positioned the crown, mindful not mess up any of the braids, "there," I breathed as I finished.

Thranduil turned to me and smiled, "I love you meleth nin," he said gently.

I smiled, "im mel cin too," I replied, rubbing my stomach subconsciously.

He noticed and placed a hand on my abdomen, "I can't wait to meet him," he stated softly.

I smiled and laid my hand over his, "how are you so sure it's a boy?"

Thranduil leaned over and placed a quick kiss on my lips, before answering, "I can feel it."