21 - Life at the palace

Ellysia's pov:

I squinted at the light that was streaming through the dark curtains and stretched. I rubbed my eyes and opened them to see a high ceiling with decorative paintings on it. I was slightly confused as too where I was until I looked to my right and saw Thranduil watching me with a sweet smile on his face. I blushed quickly and dropped my gaze, memories of last night flooding back into my mind.

"Man erin my wonder," Thranduil said gently, his voice slightly husky from sleep.

I smiled and slowly met his eyes, "good morning," I replied, then realizing I was somewhat exposed, quickly pulled the sheet over my chest, heat flooding my cheeks.

Thranduil chuckled softly, "you're beautiful Ellysia," he stated, "you don't ever need to hide from me."

~~~

I sighed and leaned back against the pillows, that was one of the best breakfasts I'd ever had, fresh fruits and cinnamon rolls. Sadly, Thranduil had to leave early for a meeting, so I was left to myself for a few hours. I eventually decided I should dress and explore the palace, after all, I was now the Queen, I could do whatever I pleased.

I wrapped the sheet around myself and made my way to the closet that had been prepared for me, none of my previous clothes had been kept except for my Naneth's dress. Since I was now royalty I was expected to dress as such, so I pulled out a dark blue satin gown held it against myself. 

It looked regal, and I liked the way its sleaves were made of lace, so I quickly changed into it

It looked regal, and I liked the way its sleaves were made of lace, so I quickly changed into it. Once I was dressed I twirled around and giggled, as I pretended to give orders to my subjects. I didn't do anything to my hair except brush it, I put on the white gem ring Thranduil had given me a few years ago, and slipped on some flat shoes. I was about to leave the chamber when I spotted something shiny sitting by the door.

I walked over to it and saw there was a beautiful golden twisted tiara, with little leaf shapes, underneath was a piece of paper with the words.

"This is yours now meleth nin."