34 - Darkness

Unknown's pov:

2913 years later.

Darkness.

Black.

Cold.

Stiff.

There's a cracking sound, like something old straightening out again.

I can move, my limbs were stiff but now they can move.

There's a sound like rushing wind, but it's not wind, it sounds like fire.

Suddenly there's a light, I can see something through the darkness. It's the clour of fire, and it looks like - an eye. A giant firey eye looking down on me, and strangely, under it's gaze I am able to move with energy.

I sit up and look around, I don't know where I am. I don't know who I am. I don't know what this is, I don't know what anything is.

Now there's this overwhelming feeling of urge, and urge to kill.

Blood.

I need blood, I need to kill anything that moves.

My vision is blurring again, it's getting darker, the sounds are fading.

Now there's nothing.

~~~

I groan as I feel a pain in my leg, I open my eyes and see it is bright, I look around and see I am surrounded by creatures. One of the creatures kicks me in the leg again and yells something I don't understand.

I stand up and the creature shoves a metal blade into my hand and clasps heavy metal around my body.

I don't understand what I am. I don't understand what I have to do. I don't understand where I am. But then the urge comes again, I know I have to kill, but not the creatures around me. I know I need blood, but not from these, from something else, something that we all will work to destroy together.

Now I am pushed into a line of more creatures and we are made to walk. I start walking and we do so all day and into the night, passing through forests and open plains. With every step and every beat of my heart, I feel the urge to kill grow stronger.

After a while of walking, we arrive at a mountain with giant holes in it, a large creature who has been ordering me and the other creatures points to it and yells something I don't understand. I guess that means to go through the passage, so I follow the crowd into the dark holes.

~~~

Suddenly a horn blows and I feel it in my bones that that is what I have to do - I have to run! I obey my urge and see that many others are running with me! I growl in excitement as I see many different creatures all arrayed over a large felid. I feel the urge for blood grows and I hold up my blade and charge!

I cut down many short creatures and many creatures with golden armour and I love the feeling of seeing their blood spill. I continue to fight and feel the urge rush through my veins spurring me on, this is wonderful. It was like I was made for this very reason - to kill.