Chapter 2 Greenlight

My mother got the most expensive dress i think. She is going all out. It feels like i am getting married from all of the preparations that have been going on. I have no idea what they will do when i do get actually married. I was already done, but not allowed to move or do anything. My father has specially placed 2 guards to look after me. I think that they are suspicious of me running away from everything. After today they know even if i do run away, my life will be ruined. Both my and his family would make sure of that. 

As we are finally arriving at his ranch house, i see tons of people gathered around at the front. I don't know which one is my future-husband. I did not even have time to google him. Per tradition i see the men greeting each other and disappear into what seems like a castle. Per tradition the women are always last. 

They take us to a whole other side of this castle. I hear people talking and talking about me, while i am right there in front of their noses. My future mother-in law seems like a copy of my mother.  What a tiring day this has been and it just began. 

After quite some time we move to another place, which seems to where the men are. Everybody looks at me. Then i mean everybody. ''Your daughter is so beautiful'' i hear. ''Wow she looks like a princess'' i hear others say. I look around and start to think which of them is my future husband. As i look around it seems that they have a lot of sons. God which one is he?

They have been talking what seems like over an hour. I start getting a feeling that he is not here. As i look up and about the castle, i see a guy kissing to what seems a maid. All of the maids here wear yellow and white. I was a little bit perplexed. Is nobody seeing that? Broad daylight and a guy is making out with a maid upstairs in this giant castle. Now the maid is starting to kiss him in his neck. Then it happened. He looked deep in my eyes and smirked. I looked away as fast as possible. What family am i getting into?

As we have been talking over 30 minutes now, they have finally brought me to another side of this castle. On a beautiful balcony. As i looked at the horizon i can feel that someone is standing behind me. 

''Did you like what you saw?'' i heard a male person say behind me. I did not have the courage to look behind me. IT is him. OMG do not tell me he is my future - husband. ''Who are you'' i ask him bluntly. ''Your soon to be husband Ria'' he said in a sarcastic tone. I then looked around at him with a if i could i would kill you right now look. He started laughing. He is cute when he laughs. Oh fuck. I try to put that thought out of my head. Shit. I stand up and was now going to leave when he held my wrist. ''Refuse'' he tells me. I frowned at him. Like what do you mean by that? He sighs and then leaves my wrist and then looks at me that this time he could slash my throat and then he left. 

After 30 minutes i hear all of the women come upstairs. They take me then downstairs. Everybody was quiet when i was sitting there. He was sitting exactly in the opposite direction of me. I looked at him. He had only daggers in his eyes. And he was only frowning to me. I have no idea why.

''We have decided for 12 September as the engagement part. And two weeks after that is the wedding'' his father said. Everybody started cheering except him and I. I felt my whole body heating up again and my head ready to explode. In 5 days. In freaking 5 days i will get engaged. 

After we left the castle of my future -in- laws it felt like i could finally breath. Something became lighter. This stress was really doing it with me. I can't believe this is happening. It really shocks me how he did not refuse...or was i supposed to do it first?