Prologue

Mumbai, the city of dreams. Every day a lot of people from all over India move to Mumbai, in search for a job or a career. We have them all...dreams. So did i. The only difference was that i didn't need to work that hard for my dreams than the usual people walking in Mumbai. Why? Well ''daddy''. My dad started out from scratch. He invested a lot of time in his work and reached milestones. Withing years my dad could call himself a millionaire. He then worked his way up and married my mom. An arranged marriage. My mom's parents were also extremely rich. The thing i have learned from my parents while looking at the lifestyle they were living is the fact that the rich stays with the rich. And it was also made known early that even i would have an arranged marriage with a man who is known and well off. 

We live in a gated community in India. When people hear India, they instantly think smelly, small houses and poverty. They should all look at where i live. They would all be in shock.

Since i was little i went to boarding schools. Not in foreign countries. My parents wouldn't be able to see me that less since i am an only child. I always had this complexion, that since my father was a self made man i as a woman should also prove to him and our families that even i can do it. I have always focused on my studies and achieving something in my life. 

While other rich kids were partying, snuffing drugs and having casual intercourse, this rich kid was studying and making plans on how to invest and become her own entrepreneur. I was and i still am the good kid. 

My mom had the opportunity to not work. My dad early success made it possible for her to only bring me up and take care of me. Don't get me wrong, i love my mom, but she never had time for me. I grew up very platonic. My mother always had things going on in her social life. That is also one of the things when you are stinking rich, showing other rich people how much more you have than them. My mom was a winner in that. I never attended parties or social events. Sometimes i always think that i was born in the wrong household. I often got to hear in classes how they would spend all of my dad's money on useless stuff. I never did that. I did spend, but not that much. I do have good and expensive taste but i don't overspend.

As i said, i studied my ass off. I wanted to show them all what i am also made of. The sadness of it all was when i started talking or introducing my parents to me starting my own company. ''No''. It was a very clear no. The moment i did that, i also found out that they have already finalised a deal with one of their rich family friends. A deal is what they called my arranged marriage. A freaking deal. You must know the amount of hurt i felt in my heart when they told me that i was following my mother footsteps by becoming a housewife, an elite trophy wife. 

I did not even know what was being planned behind my back. All i knew was that i was getting married to a stranger. A stranger who apparently is also stinking rich. But this time he was richer than us. 

I have no clue what he looks like, how he is and what he does. All i know is that my whole life has been planned out for me.