thirty-three

I listened from the other room as Bella and Edward conversed. After a few minutes, my sister asked for Renesmee but Edward told her she needed to feed.

It's unbelievable; Bella's a vampire... This is something I wish wasn't true. I wanted my sister to live a long, human life, but I guess we don't always get what we want.

A little while later I heard the front door open and Jacob walked inside. I gave him a smile. A few seconds later, Edward and Bella walked in. I smiled at Bella. I pulled her into a hug. "God, it's good to see you alive."

She hugged back. I could tell she was restraining her strength, seeing as she's a newborn and she's much stronger than me. When she pulled away, Esme greeted her. "Welcome to the family."

"You look amazing, Bella," Alice complimented.

"Someone's been waiting to meet you," Carlisle said when Edward and my sister reached him.

"Rose," Edward said. Rosalie spun around, revealing Renesmee to Bella. The look on Bella's face told me that love at first sight is real.

Rosalie handed the baby to my sister. After a few seconds of silence, Bella spoke. "What was that?" She asked. Renesmee probably used her gift to show Bella something. Yep, you guessed it. Renesmee has a gift.

"She showed you the first memory she has of you," Edward answered.

"Showed me how?" Bella asked.

Edward chuckled. "How do I hear thoughts? How does Alice see the future? How does Blake absorb others' gifts? She's gifted."

I walked beside Emmett, who was against the wall next to Bella, and leaned into him. I watched as Bella looked into Renesmee's mouth. The baby already has teeth. "I've only been out for two days?"

"Her growth rate is unpresident," Carlisle replied.

"Alright, that's enough experimenting for one day," Jacob said, holding his arms out to grab the baby from Bella.

"Jacob," Edward said. "She's doing great."

"Yeah, let's not push it though," Jacob said.

Bella gave the boy a confused look. "What's your problem?"

"Oh, do tell her, Jacob," Rosalie said with a smirk.

"This should be good," Ray mumbled with a smirk as well. Uh oh...

"Hold on a second," Edward said, taking the baby. "Bella."

"Look," Jacob began, "it's a wolf thing."

"What's a wolf thing?" Bella asked through gritted teeth.

"Um... You know we have no control over it. We can't choose who it happens with. It doesn't mean what you think, Bella. I promise."

Edward handed the baby to Rose before slowly putting a hand on my sister shoulder. "Take Renesmee out of the room," Bella said.

"Oh," Jacob said with a shaky voice.

"Edward, don't touch me right now. I don't want to hurt you."

Jacob's face fell even more. "Oh."

I watched as Bella grabbed the back of Jacob's neck, dragging him out of the house. Everyone followed behind her as she threw him away from the house. "You imprinted on my daughter?" Bella asked furiously.

"It wasn't my choice," Jacob answered.

"She's a baby!"

"It's not like that," Jacob said. "You think Edward would let me live if it was?"

"I'm still debating," Edward mumbled as he leaned against the railing of the porch.

"I've held her once," Bella said, walking down the front steps towards the boy. "One time, Jacob. And already you think that you have some moronic wolfy claim on her?" Bella punched Jacob, who fell to the ground with a groan. "She's mine!"

Jacob scrambled to his feet. Seth and Leah, who were both in their wolf forms, showed up, growling. "It's fine, Leah," Jacob said.

"You're gonna stay away from her," Bella said.

"You know I can't do that." Bella punched him again and he went flying backwards. Seth and Leah growled at my sister.

"Stop her, Edward," Esme said.

"It's fine," Edward said, smiling. "She's amazing, right?"

"Edward," I mumbled. "Really?"

"Do you remember how much you wanted to be around me three days ago?" Jacob asked. "That's gone now, right."

"Long gone," Bella said angrily.

"Because it was her," Jacob added. "From the beginning, it was Nessie who wanted me there."

"Nessie?" Bella asked angrily. "You nicknamed my daughter after the Loch Ness Monster!?"

Bella was about to go after Jacob, but Seth ran at her. My sister shoved Seth, who went flying into a tree. I flinched. Ok, she went way too far.

"Seth, are you ok?" Jacob asked.

"Seth, I'm sorry," Bella apologized.

Jacob turned to my sister. "Bella, you know me. Better than anyone. All I want if for Ness-- Renesmee to be safe; happy. Look, nothing ever made sense before. You, me, any of it. And now I understand why. This was the reason."

***

I chuckled with everyone else at something Ray had said. Alice, Jasper, Carlisle, Esme, Emmett, Ray, and I had just finished hunting. We tried to go as quickly as we could because Edward has a surprise to show Bella for her birthday; it's a house. Everyone got together to set everything up.

"Happy birthday," Alice said when we walked into the living room.

Bella gave her a look of confusion. "I stopped aging three days ago."

"Well, we're celebrating anyway so suck it up," Alice joked with a smile. She held out her hand, revealing a small key.

***

Bella and Edward walked into the room. They had spent the night in the house for...reasons. Emmett, Ray, and Carlisle were looking over paperwork for God knows what and Jacob was watching Rose play with the baby.

"Wow," Ray chuckled. "Done already?"

"Where's Renesmee?" Bella asked, ignoring Ray's comment.

"Blondie stole her," Jacob said with a chuckle.

"Break a lot of stuff?" Emmett asked, adding onto Ray's antics. I rolled my eyes. "I know Blake and I did."

Jacob chuckled and I smacked Emmett, glaring at him.

"Emmett," Bella said with a smile. "No." Everyone chuckled.
____________________________________
Hello! Imma back. I hope you guys like this chapter. We got a bit of action! It wasn't much but oh well. And, Bella's back so that's good.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it. I'll see you soon.

Buh-bye.