six

I told Edward I wanted to go home, so he drove me home before taking Bella to the restaurant.

I walked up to my room and nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw Emmett sitting on my bed.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked.

"You've got a nice room, Arizona," he said.

"You didn't answer my question."

Emmett sighed and sat up. "I heard about what happened today with you and Bella and it got me worried."

How did he know? It only just happened. I didn't think anything of it, though. "And?"

I set my bag on the chair near the bay window.

"And I wanted to make sure you were alright," Emmett said.

I furrowed my eyebrows slightly. "Why? We barely even know each other."

"I feel...very protective of you," he said. "I just don't want anything to happen to you."

I felt my cheeks heat up. "Well, it's nice to know you care."

Emmett smirked. "I have since we met."

I felt my face heat up a bit more. Emmett stood up off if my bed and looked at my AC/DC posters.

"I've noticed you like AC/DC," Emmett said.

I only nodded. I heard the sound of the front door opening.

I looked to the doorway and when I turned back, Emmett was gone.

I sighed and sat in my bed, grabbing a book from the small shelf I have next to my bed. I opened the book and began reading. I've never read this one before.

A few minutes into my book, Bella showed up in the doorway, scaring me so bad, I threw my book.

"Jesus, Bella," I mumbled, grabbing my book from the floor.

"I need to tell you something," she said as she walked into my room, closing the door behind her.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

"Read this," she said, handing me her laptop.

I read the screen. The search bar said cold one. I looked at the screen, skimming over everything. A few things stuck out, though; speed, strength, cold-skinned, drank blood, immortal.

"Vampires," I stated, looking at my sister. "What about them?"

"I think the Cullens are vampires."

I thought for a moment before it hit me. "When Edward saved you."

"Speed and strength," Bella said.

I shook my head. "What about cold-skinned?"

"When Edward was driving me home, we both reached for the button to turn off the heater. Our fingers touched and his skin was ice cold."