twenty-seven

Even though Vampires aren't allowed on the Reservation, I tagged along with Bella in the truck. My sister parked the truck and we both hopped out. We hadn't gotten back to the house into around dark.

"Hey--" the sound of Jacob's scream cut Bella off, causing me to flinch.

"It's been going on for a while now," Quil said. "Doc's re-breaking his bones."

"Why did he have to but in?" Leah asked. "I could've taken that--"

"Oh, give it a rest, Leah," one of the wolves said, slightly annoyed.  He was almost as big as Emmett, but not quite.

The front door opened and Carlisle walked out, Sam right behind him. "The worst is over. He'll be alright. I gave him some morphine but his body temperature will burn it off soon. I'll come back to set up a drip." He stepped down the ramp.

"Thank you," Billy said. He held out his hand for Carlisle to shake. The man hesitated at first, but shook it.

Carlisle looked at Bella and I. "He's asking for you."

I looked at Bella. "You can go first," she said.

I only nodded. Honestly, I didn't really want to go in there by myself, seeing as I'm not even supposed to be on the Reservation. Sam, however, understands that Jacob is my best friend and allowed me to come.

I slowly walked towards the house, making eye contact with Embry for a moment. He gave me a sad smile as I disappeared into the house. It smelled like wet dog, causing me to contort my face. I went to Jacob's room, to find him lying in his bed, the right half of his body wrapped up. He was drenched in sweat.

"Oh, Jacob," I mumbled. He looked at me and gave a weak smile, but I could tell even that gesture hurt.

"Sam let you on the Rez?" He asked softly. I nodded as I grabbed a stool, sitting on it besides his bed.

"Yeah," I answered. "He knows that we're friends, but I think that's the only reason why."

"Well, I'm glad he did."

I gave him a small smile, resting my hand gently on his head, petting his hair. He was so hot, but it didn't bother me. He let out a content sigh as if my skin was refreshing. "That feels good." 

I smiled. "Probably because I'm cold and you're hot," I joked.

"Don't you have a boyfriend?" He asked, playfully. Well, tried to anyway.

I nodded. "Yeah, but that doesn't mean anything. I can call my friend beautiful if I want to. And that's not what I meant anyway, you goof."

He gave me a smile. "You should come over more often. We don't spend enough of time together."

I gave him a sad smile. "Sorry to burst your bubble, Jacob, but this is probably a one time thing only. I don't think Sam is going to let me come over after you've healed."

"He won't have a choice, Blake," the boy said, letting out a groan. "You're my best friend."

"But I'm a vampire," I stated, as I continued to cool him off with my hand. "It's against the treaty for a vampire to come onto the Reservation."

Jacob let out a breath. "I'm gonna change the subject." I nodded. "And Embry's going to kill me for this, but he's taken a liking to you."

My eyes widened slightly. "What?"

"Ever since the graduation party he's been asking me to have you come over," Jacob explained weakly. "But Sam wouldn't allow it, because you're a vampire."

I opened my mouth to say something, but Jacob shook his head slightly. "Don't say anything to him, please. And, if word does get out, just...try to be nice if you do choose Emmett over him. He'd understand why. I mean, you've known him longer and your both vampires, but still."

I only nodded, not knowing what to say. Embry likes me? Me? I mean, he is attractive, but I'm with Emmett. Maybe he just wants to be friends. I looked at Jacob. "I'm going to get Bella, ok?" He nodded. "I'll see you around, Jacob."

He didn't say anything as I stood up and walked out of his room. I slowly walked out of the house, nodding at Bella who walked inside. I looked at Sam. Though I don't know him, I forced myself to thank him. "Thank you, Sam," I said. "For letting me see him. I know I'm a vampire and our kinda are natural enemies, but this meant a lot to me; and him."

Sam nodded. "Your welcome."

I looked at the wolves. Man, I am way out of my comfort zone. "Thank you all for helping us today. I know you probably didn't do it for us, but thank you anyway." They all nodded their response.

I gave them a tight lipped smile before walking to the truck. I was watching my shoes, when I bumped into someone. "Sorry," I muttered. When I looked up, I was so glad I couldn't blush because the person I had rammed into was Embry.

He shook his head. "It's all good." I smiled slightly at him.

"I'll, um, see you around?" I asked. He hesitated at first before nodding.

"Yeah. See you around."

When I walked past him, I heard Embry's friends quietly teasing him. I smiled. Emmett may not like it, but he'll have to deal with the fact that I'm probably going to be spending more time with the wolves.

***

"I have something to tell you," I said to Emmett as we laid in bed. "And you can't get mad and you can't tell anyone else."

"What is it?" Emmett asked.

I pursed my lips before answering. "You know Jacob's friend Embry?" He nodded. "Well, I was told by Jacob that he...likes...me."

Emmett was silent and it scared me. I thought he was mad, but when he spoke, he was calm. There wasn't a hint of anger in his voice. "Do you like him back?"

I looked at him. "Emmett, I barely know him. We've only talk like twice."

Emmett nodded, looking at me. "I just want to say that, if you do choose him over me, I'll let you go."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Emmett, don't talk like that. I don't know him well enough. I don't even consider him a friend at this point. It'll be a while before we're friends; natural enemies, remember?"

"But that doesn't stop you from being Jacob's friend," Emmett stated.

I shook my head before resting it on Emmett chest. "Jacob and I were friends long before any of this. I only just met Embry. There's nothing you need to worry about."
____________________________________
Another update cuz guess what? I'm still bored.

We got some drama and new information. Embry likes Blake? Ooooooooooooooooh! I wonder what's going to happen...

Anywho, that's all for now. I'll see you guys soon. Buh-bye.