four

English is my favorite class. Not because of the teacher or the things we do; it's because of Emmett.

Mrs. Emerson had told us about a project we have to do. We have to do it by ourselves, but we can talk to and sit by our friends while we work. Emmett, as usual, comes and sits by me.

"So, Arizona, what's it like living in a town under the constant rain?" He asked.

"I don't mind it," I said quietly, surprising both Emmett and myself.

"So you do talk," Emmett said with a small smirk. "I was beginning to wonder."

I glanced at him. For some reason, he looks extra beautiful today. I don't know why. I looked into his eyes for the first time and noticed they were a beautiful shade of golden brown. I had never noticed. I thought they were dark brown.

"Whatcha staring at, Arizona?" Emmett asked.

"Your eyes," I said quietly once again. "They're beautiful."

Emmett smiled. "Thanks, Arizona."

"It's Blake," I replied.

"So you've got sass, too?" Emmett teased. "What else have you got?"

I just smiled and shook my head. Why didn't I started talking to him earlier?

"What are you doing for your project?" The boy asked.

"Poem," I replied. "You?"

"I see you're the old school type," Emmett teased. "I'll probably do a presentation or something."

I nodded my head.

"You don't talk much, do you?" He asked.

"You're just now noticing?" I asked jokingly.

He smirked.

***

Bella and I stood in the parking lot. Well, Bella stood in the parking lot while I sat in the truck. She looked at Edward for a moment before looking through her bag. I've noticed that Bella has taken a liking to Edward.

I saw a van swerve, before almost hitting Bella, but Edward stopped it. I furrowed my eyebrows. What in the?

I got out of the van and hurried towards my sister, who was looking around, most likely for Edward. He had disappeared after saving Bella.

***

"Bella," I heard my dad say. I had taken Bella to the doctors and called our dad. "You ok?"

I saw him glance at the kid that almost hit my sister, before looking at him again. "You and I are gonna talk."

"Are you alright?" He asked Bella.

"Calm down," Bella said.

"I'm sorry Bella, I tried to stop." The boy said.

"I know," my sister said. "It's ok."

"No, it sure as hell is not ok," my dad said as he looked at the boy.

"Dad, it wasn't his fault," Bella said.

"You could've been killed," Charlie said. "You understand that?"

"Yes, but I wasn't, so," Bella said

"You can kiss your license goodbye," my dad said to the boy.