five

"He probably thinks your a creep," I said to Bella as she looked at Edward in the cafeteria.

Bella playfully glared at me. "I think I liked you better when you talked less."

I chuckled quietly. Ever since Emmett sat next to me in English the first time, I've been a bit more talkative.

"Hey," Eric said. "LaPush baby. You in?"

"Should we know what that means?" I asked, setting my bag down and sitting in a chair next to Jessica.

"LaPush beach down in the Quileute Rez. We're all going tomorrow," Mike explained.

Jessica said something I didn't quite understand, but I didn't bother asking.

"And I don't just surf the internet," Eric said with a smirk as he stood up.

"You stood up once," Jessica said. "And it was a foam board."

"There's whale watching, too," Angela added. "Come with us."

"LaPush baby," Eric said. "It's LaPush."

"Ok, we'll go if you stop saying that," Bella said before walking towards the salad bar.

"Um, I can't go," I said.

"Why not?" Angela asked.

"I've got to finish my English project. It's due tomorrow."

"Aw, that sucks," Jessica said. "I was really hoping you'd come."

"Sorry." I stood up. "I'll be right back."

I went to the salad bar where I saw Edward and Bella talking. I felt a presence behind me, so I turned to find Emmett behind me.

I smiled. "Hi."

"What's up, Arizona?" He asked.

"I told you, it's Blake," I said, grabbing a pit of cheese and putting them on my salad.

"I know, but it's so easy to tease you," the boy said.

I rolled my eyes with a smile, not looking at the boy.

We talked when I noticed out of the corner of my eye that my friends were looking between Edward and Bella and Emmett and I. I didn't say anything as I finished making my salad.

"So, I guess I'll talk to you later then?" Emmett asked.

I nodded. It's so easy to talk to him. Emmett smiled before walking away.

***

"Hey, Blake, can I talk to you," I heard Bella ask from the doorway to my room. I looked up from my project on my bed. I didn't know she was home already.

"Uh, sure," I said. "What about?"

"Well, when we went to LaPush, I saw Jacob. He told me some Quileute legends."

"About?"

Bella walked to my bed and sat on it before continuing. "He said that the Quileute tribe had supposedly descended from actual wolves and the Cullens descended from an enemy clan. He said that they claimed to be something else. And he ended the story by saying that the Quileutes made a treaty with the Cullens; if they stayed off Quileute land, they would expose the Cullens for what they really are to us, or as he put it, the pale faces."

I listened closely to every word she said. "Interesting."

"Yeah," she said. "I can't get it out of my head. There's a book shop near here and I was thinking of going after school tomorrow. Do you maybe want to come with me?"