39

Nkuli started seeing double and feeling dizzy as soon as she stepped out of her shower. She grabbed onto her sink when her bathroom started moving and her head spinning. Seeing that it was not safe to walk she decided to crawl towards the bedroom to get her phone. Kenneth had gone to check on his son because Jessica had called to tell him he was sick. After the birth he got them a house in his son's name and a ful time nanny to help her with what she needed. They argued about Jessica a lot these days and she really did not feel like talking to him at that moment.

' Call Owethu.'

Owethu was downstairs in the kitchen making sure that dinner her mother was making did not burn. She had asked her to watch her pots while she showered because she felt hot and was surprised when a call came in from her.

' Mom, why are you calling me. I'm downstairs.'

' please turn off the stove and come upstairs quickly and tell Olwethu to start up one of his father's bigger cars.'

The urgency in her mother's voice made her do immediately as told. Their relationship was getting better though they had times they were at each other's throats. She still had some animosity or anger towards her mother but what she found upstairs made her face the reality about losing her mother.

'Mom? What happened? What's wrong? We're is all this blood coming from?'

Immediately tears ran down her face due to the condition she found her mother in. On her bedroom floor naked and clutching at her stomach in pain. She could tell she was in pain by the look on her face and how she groaned.

' Mom should I call dad?'

' No just get me pads, my hospital bag and the blue maternity night dress in the closet. Oh and there's gloves in my first aid kit cupboard put them on.'

Her mother spoke slowly due to the pain and Owethu managed to get her cleaned up and dressed before calling her brother.

' You told me to get the car ready and I did! What is it now!? Why are you crying? Is something wrong with Mom!?'

Olwethu rushed into the bedroom just as his mother was getting up from the floor and the amount of blood under her legs shocked him so much he had difficulty holding his vomit and vomited on the bathroom door before he could even get to the toilet. Nkuli had called them both knowing how sensitive Lwandile was but now they were the one's acting like Minnie and Lwandile.

' Really you two?! Olwe, come help me get to the car and Wethu take my hospital bag and make sure that your siblings don't come out of the living room. Your brother will come take the bag as soon as I'm in the car and please make sure my babies eat.'

' But mom I want to go with you.'

' I know but I can't get hold of your dad and we cannot leave those two alone.'

Nkuli had tried to call her husband after Olwethu but all she got was his voicemail and she did not bother trying again.

' Are okay?'

' Yes. Just focus on the road and drive baby.'