22

Nkuli walked into her office to find a huge bouquet of her favorite yellow roses on her desk. She took a huge sniff of the bouquet before checking the card. She loved her husband's poetic writing, he always had a way with words and took his time writing her a special message.

' Grace how did those roses get into my office?'

' I don't know. I didn't even know there were roses in your office. They weren't there when I went in.'

Nkuli looked at her assistant confused then walked back to her office reading the card. It was from Joe but he had no assess to her office. She had declined his proposal at the gym and explained that she was working on her marriage which he did not seem happy about. Infact he cussed at her for being dumb and stupid. By the time Kenneth's daily delivery came she was in a foul mood and did not care much for flowers anymore.

' Okay I'm here, ready for lunch?'

Lorna walked into her office while she busied herself with her work. Lorna pulled up her chair when she asked her to give her a minute to finish up and noticed the huge bouquet on the floor.

' Kenny is really going all out hey. These are very beautiful and expensive roses.'

' Yes he is trying.'

' No. two bouquets¿! Hun he's not trying he's doing the damn thing!.'

' We can go now.'

Lorna knew that her marriage was very far from perfect and that she and Kenneth were just starting to give each other a chance but if that was the attitude she was going to have when it was brought up, she thought it better they did not pursue it further.

' Hun if you're not feeling this reconciliation then maybe you should just file for divorce because if it is not good right now. It's definitely not going to get better. Trust me.'

Lorna adviced as they seated opposite each other on the cafe's table. Nkuli thanked the waiter for the menus but declined hers since she was a regular here. She ordered her lunch while her friend ordered the same thing.

' On the contrary I am do for it. It feels like old times again. We're spending more time together and connecting on a level we never connected on before.'

' Then what is the problem cause the giggly girl infront of me right now is not the same one I was discussing roses with in the office not so long ago.'

She blushedand palmed her face when her friend called her giggly. She did not know she was even doing that and she was not the first person to tell her that her attitude changed when Kenneth was brought up.

' That's because the other bouquet is actually from the Joe.'

' Which Joe?'

' The one and only as he likes to say it.'

' Joseph is back in town and sending you roses. Why did you not tell me about this.'

When they talk about honesty and transparency, they were talking about Lorna, Susie and Nkuli. They knew everything about each other. Everything right down to the dirty little secrets.

' I bumped into him at the gym a few days ago and have been battling with myself on how to tell Kenny.'