19

Kenneth was surprised to get a call from his estranged wife the night before, he smiled thinking about it as he put on his best suit and grabbed the roses from his kitchen. Nkuli had asked him to come over to their former home for dinner. He did not know what brought on the change but he was happy she was trying.

' Oh hell no!'

He opened the front to door to his girlfriend who he had conveniently forgotten about. This trip had him wanting to work on his marriage. Be had accepted it when Nkuli kicked him out and left without a fight but being with her this past week made him realize that he should fight for her and his family. Just did not know how to deal with his current girlfriend.

' Is that how you greet your girlfriend after a week of not seeing her?'

' Sorry Jess that was not intended for you.'

'Who were you talking to since I was the only one on your doorstep?'

' Was on the phone with Senzo.'

He said pointing to the Bluetooth device in his ear. He was glad he did not remove it after his last phone call. It saved him from an unnecessary argument. Jessica kissed her teeth as she pushed him away from the door and headed inside.

' Where are you off to with those flowers in your hand and dressed so well!?'

' To see my kids.'

' To see your kids?! With a bouquet of roses? Who are they for?!'

' Jessica I am running late. My children are waiting on me.'

' You really take me for a fool Kenny. Those roses are for the women you took on your business trip last week.'

Kenneth shook his head, she did not know how right she was even though she was obviously talking about the woman she keeps accusing him of seeing everytime he says no to her.

' Jess. I'm late can we do this tomorrow.'

' You're not going anywhere till you tell me who it is you're seeing. I need to know and I need to know right now!'

Kenneth stood watching her as she blocked his front door. He thought of texting Nkuli that he would be late but decided against it since it would probably cause another argument and she would demand to see her phone.

' Jessica I cannot do this with you right now. For the hundredth time I am not cheating on you. I have a date with my family and you're wasting my time. If you believe so much that I am cheating on you then why don't you just leave.'

This shocked Jessica for as many times as they argued he had never said that to her. He always reassured her that he was not cheating and gave her anything she wanted just to get her to stop arguing. Kenneth emitted a low groan from frustration when she began crying.

' How can you do this time me Kenny. Can you see how much I love you but all you do is hurt me.'

' You're late.'

Nkuli stood outside her front door. In the process of comforting Jessica he ended up in bed with her causing him to be two hours late.

' I'm sorry.'