38

Two months had passed since they found out that Kenneth was expecting another baby. Nkuli was now five months into the pregnancy while Jessica was due any day now. Luckily she had manage to keep her blood pressure low with the help of her dictator husband. She was no longer mad though, just happy that all three were healthy. They had found out on that Wednesday that she was having another multiple pregnancy. Which the doctor had missed at first.

' Babe, Jess just called. She's in labor and her cousin is taking her to the hospital. So I am going to meet them there.'

' Okay.'

Kenneth knew that it hurt her that he was going to support another woman after their last argument but he had to atleast be present for his child even though this is not how he wanted his life to be. He never thought he would be the stereotypical black guy with children out of wedlock and different baby mothers. His father was that person and he never wanted to be like him.

' Nkuli you know this is just -'

' Kenneth just go please.'

She did not mean to be hostile or cut him off but she did not want to deal with it. It was still hard dealing with her husband and Jessica but he had managed to stop her calling as much as he did and he stopped running off every time she called. Their marriage was not perfect but they were working on it.

' Fine Kenneth.'

' Babe come on. Please don't be like that.'

' Kenneth do what you have to just don't expect me to be fine with it. I'll see you when you decide to get home.'

Nkuli hung up the phone before he could even say anything. He had called to tell her that Jessica's labor was taking longer than expected and he might have to spend the night there. To say she was mad was an understatement and it made it hard for her to fall asleep but eventually she did. Only to be woken up later by husband getting into their bed.

' What time is it?'

' It's one a.m baby go back to sleep.'

' Did she have the baby.'

' No but the nurse said she'll call me when she's about nine centimeters. She's progressing slowly.'

' Is the baby fine though. He must be tired.'

Kenneth loved her compassion. Her concern for her son showed how much she loved him. He pulled her into him, sleeping pillow on all and planted soft kisses on her neck.

' The doctor said he is not in any danger and doing quite well. If she needs to go into theatre they'll let me know.'

' I hope not because cesarean section sucks.'

' Well let's hope she'll deliver naturally.'

An unknown call came in at seven that morning as he showered. Nkuli answered it and for a second thought of not informing him. He quickly left and walked in just as she started pushing.

' She let you leave?'

Jessica who was mad when he left said as he stood where the nurse directed him. He ignored her since he was not here for her but her son. Although he did encourage and support her till his son came out and he was called to cut the cord.