33

Kenneth stood under the cold shower thinking of  how to approach Nkuli. How he was going to tell her that somebody else was also having his child. He knew it would hurt her especially after everything they had been through. His anxiety worsened when he heard the bedroom door open and Nkuli rush into the bathroom. He had come home immediately after his meeting with Jessica. He found it hard to concentrate.

' Oh hey, I didn't know you were home?'

' Yeah came home with the kids.'

' Talking about the kids. I think we should tell them.'

' Tell them what?'

' Babe?! That we're having another one.'

' Yeah but I need to talk to you about something.'

He watched her strip down and join him in the shower, screaming when the cold water touched her.

' Kenny this water is cold. How long have you been in here?'

' I was feeling hot so I turned the hot water off. Just turn it on.'

' Nah I think I'll just take a bath. Can we talk after dinner.'

Kenneth agreed slightly relieved that he could prepare himself some more even though it just made him more anxious. He joined his sons in their game of fifa while they all waited on dinner.

' Dinner is ready.'

Minnie announced and all three of them ran towards the kitchen as if they had not eaten in years. Owethu and Minnie looked at them and shook their heads. Their father was as silly and goofy as his sons. The older children were surprised when after dinner Nkuli called for a family meeting.

' What is this about mom!? I have homework to do.'

Owethu said annoyed

' Taking ten minutes out of your busy schedule to have a family meeting, won't kill you.'

Her father scolded and she sat down with a sigh. Nkuli looked at him to speak and he could not understand why since she wanted to do this but he spoke anyway.

' We're renewing our vows and we need y'all to be part of the celebration.'

Minnie was the only one to rejoice while her older siblings looked unimpressed but congratulated them anyway. They had an issue with the fact that they had to be part of the celebration. Nkuli explained to them what was expected of them and this made them more enthusiastic about the event.

' You're also going to have a new sibling soon. In like eight months.'

Kenneth admired how she glowed as she spoke about the new baby but did not expect what came out of his children's mouths.

' Aren't y'all too old to have another child? How can you have a baby at such an age!? What are people going to say?! No mom this a disgrace.'

Owethu

' You're guys are joking right?! How can you be pregnant. This house is already crowded enough and adding a baby into it is just going to create chaos. I do not want another sibling. This is bullshit!.'

Olwethu threw the cushion on the couch next to where his mother sat  and accidentally hit her on her shoulder. Nkuli jumped up when in a swift motion Kenneth pinned his son onto the wall by his neck. Lwandile got infront of his mother, to protect her and her unborn, when father and son began wrestling each other.