Lone Wolf

(X's POV)
I have to find her. She's my everything. The only person who can keep me sane. I snuck into her house last week. I know it was wrong, but I couldn't stay away from her intoxicating scent. I want her. I need her. She's MINE. I took a necklace from her dresser draw. I needed something to keep myself at bay. I was almost gone until a guard caught me. But I quickly snapped his neck and dragged his body off her territory. A territory where one day we would run together and our pups would follow.

I haven't seen Iris McLore since I was probably 10 and I'm 19 now. Today is her 17th birthday. She'll be shocked to see me, but I know she loves me. She told me. I love her and I'm going to make her mine. Forever. I still remember the day we first met.

9 years before.......

(Iris's POV)
Jared and Alex are the worst. I hate them! They think that because their older they can boss me around, but I'll show them who's going to be future alpha. I ran out of the house into the woods. I start to run to me Chris's magic spot. We found it when we were playing adventure. Once I get there I sit on the ground and cry. Why does my family have to be so mean. I'm running away. I can live here. Chris can live with me! Then we can really be sisters! These thoughts eventually calmed me down. As I sit there I become cold. I wrap my arms around me and begin to shiver and I hear something rustling in the bushes about 15 feet to my right.

A medium sized wolf walked out of the under brush. I just sit there while it stares at me. It begins to slowly walk forward. As it steps into the low sunlight I can see the color of its fur. A beautiful gray with almost silver streaks. The wolf almost seems familiar. It walks until finally laying beside me and resting it's head in my lap. I snuggle into the warmth of it and slowly fall asleep. A few hours later I wake up, but it's pitch black out. I feel around for my new friend, but he's gone. "Where did you go? Please come back. I'm scared of the dark!" A few seconds after I said that i felt a nose press against my back. I spun around and rapped my arms around the silver wolf in front of me. "Please don't leave again." I mumble into his furry chest. "I love you."

Present day.......
(Iris's POV)
I cautiously walked back to the house with Seth. Once we stepped into the house I knew why nobody was outside. Once we stepped into the house the air was filled with yells of "SURPRISE" I look to see my family and friends all dressed in party hats and there are decorations around the house. "Oh my god! Thank you, but it really wasn't necessary." I tell everybody and Chris comes forward and wraps me in a hug. "Of course it is. Today you turned 17!" She says to me.

2 hours later

Everybody is inside, but I need to take a break so I decide to go to the waterfall. I walk outside and start to run. I love the way my hair feels when I run. I run as fast as I can while in human form, but my wolf helps so I get there within 20 minutes. It's a full moon tonight and I'm so happy. I take off my high tops and socks while rolling up my jeans to my knees then walk into the pool so it comes up a little past my ankles. I wriggle my toes in the mud and listen to the forest around me. Everything here is so peaceful. I remember when I used to come here as a kid. Once me and Chris tried to run away and live here together. We stayed out here for about 3 days until Alex and Jared found us. That's how they found out about the waterfall. We weren't the best behaved kids so both our parents got really mad about it.

They eventually got over it and let us do whatever we wanted within the territory. Suddenly a twig snap brings me back from my thoughts. I smell the air and the scent is oddly familiar, but I can't place it. I turn to my right as a grey/silver wolf emerges from the brush. "You." I whisper "I remember you!" I joyfully yelped while pointing at the large wolf.