Music to my ears

(Seth's POV)
After looking for Iris's necklace for about 2 hours I decide it would be fun to try something. After Jared left she went back to looking under the bed. As she was looking under the bed she couldn't see me coming up behind her. She leaned back and sat down. I quickly but gently lifted her and kissed her cheek as I pulled her into my body. She giggled at the surprising gesture. "What are you doing?" She quietly asked me leaning back into my body. "I'm kidnapping you for the next couple of hours. We can do whatever you want." I said back to her pushing my face into the crock of her neck. "Anything?" She replied to me with mischief clear in her voice.

1 hour later

We start to walk back from to the car after going to the mall. She tricked me into taking her to the mall so she could get her nose pierced. We were just walking around and she asked if I could go get her a drink. I of course said yes and as I turned to ask her what she wanted she diapered into the crowd of people around us. I walked to the closest vending machine and grabbed 2 cokes. I followed her scent to a booth and saw her getting off of a chair.

She walked to a mirror on the table and was looking at the side of her nose. When I walked up to her she had the biggest smile on her face. "Hey guess what." She said to me giggling like a kid in a candy store. "What did you do now?" I asked very concerned. She turned and pointed to a small diamond on the side of her nose. "Do you like it? I love it!" She said like a little girl while jumping up and down. "Let's go." Is all I said with no emotion in my voice. She turned to me with sadness and confusion in her eyes, but she followed. As we walked to the car all I could think about was why she would do this to herself. I could feel all her emotions through the mate bond. I could even tell what she was feeling because there were to many, but there was one that was stronger than the rest. Sadness.

When we got back to the car she got in without a word and took out her phone. She opened the glove box and found a pair of earbuds. Iris plugged them into her phone without hesitation and began to play music almost on full blast. She was clearly trying to act like I wasn't there. As I pulled out of the mall parking lot I couldn't help, but want to know what she was thinking about. Since she had music on and I was driving I decided to try and mind link her.
Iris
No response
Iris!
What! What do you want!
I want to talk to you.
Well then go ahead, but I can't promise I'm gonna listen to whatever shit you have to say.
I'm sorry that I didn't say anything about your nose earlier. It was kinda shocking to think you would do that.
No response
When I first met you I thought you were just a shy girl who sat in the back of the class and didn't talk to anyone. I would never in a million years ever picture you doing something like this. But I do have to admit. You look good with one.
Well I guess we both got something we didn't expect. I never thought you of all people would ever be my mate and care about me as much as you do. I never thought I could love anybody as much as I love you. Not even my family. And I am the shy girl, but I can be my self around certain people. Like Chris we do all kinds of crazy shit together. I'm still trying to see if I can trust you completely or not.
Of course you can trust me Iris. I'm your mate and I love you.

After that she just ignored me and put up barriers. Once we got back to her house something didn't feel right. As we got out of the car I knew why. Nobody was around and the property was really quiet. I immediately rushed over to Iris and put her behind me.

(Iris's POV)

After Seth put me behind him I was worried. I took out my earbuds then I could tell why. I didn't hear anything or anybody around the house. Almost like it was deserted. I quickly sniffed the air but most of the scents were faint like they were old and someone had tried to cover them up. I looked around until I saw something glittering in the woods. I tapped Seth's shoulder and pointed,but he didn't see it. I walked over to the edge of the woods and picked it up. "My necklace." I whispered. I quickly put it in my pocket so I wouldn't lose it again. "How could your necklace get out here?" Seth asked me. "I don't know. I always leave it in my room and nobody besides my family and Chris ever go in there."